Paph. tonsum x Magic Wand

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Tom Kalina brought this for me to the Michigan Orchid Society show last weekend. Thanks for remembering, Tom!

The coloring is so subtle, it was very hard to capture. I don't think I quite did it.

Paph_tonsumxMagicWand.jpg

In what way Dot? Your photos always make me feel like I could reach out and touch them.
Thanks Tom.

It looks better on my desktop (where I edited it) than on my laptop -- different monitor technology, though both are calibrated. But my camera could not capture the subtle transitions in color between the greens and reds. I did the best I could with Photoshop, but it's not like it is in reality.

I really like it. I think tonsum probably tops all paphs in the Barbata for subtle nuances of colour (probably all paphs for that matter). It has always been one of my favourites. Thanks for posting.

Tim

I like it a lot. Nice colours all over, pleasant shape and I especially like how tonsum influences this flower without dominating it. Sometimes I wish sukhakulii could do that too, but that species just is an alpha-Paph.

Latest posts

Back