Paph. tigrinum 'Windy Hill'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rick,

No extra precautions keeping the crown dry. In fact, I wonder whether all the bud blasting we hear about is due to overly dry conditions....just a thought. Fact is, if what you're doing leads to bud blast, then you have to do the opposite. I have yet to see crown rot or bud blast in a well grown tigrinum given ample quantities of water.

I've had lots of bud blast on my plants over the years, but have maintained normal watering. Eric's comments about having a multigrowth plant are a bit more in line with what I've been seeing for most growers, but this plant is only 2 growths.

Before Klite growing my plants have had problems keeping much more than 3 growths at a time, but since changing the feed regime I'm getting bigger, sturdier growths, and more of them. So I'm hoping for good spikes this year.

Paph. tigrinum (Jungle Collected)

In bloom this morning, we got this clone from Marilyn Le Doux a couple of years ago. The dorsal sepal is one of the widest we've seen. Bred it with our best Fox Valley clone 'A' after taking the photo. Now to wait 14-16 months for the seed pod to mature:D

It must be that time because my plants are blooming too! Jungle collected tigrinums in bloom and going to cross them too :clap:

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

Windy Hill is outstanding, but Brandons wild things are nice too. That's such a rare species, I appreciate your breeding efforts very much.

Lovely! All of them!!! I have had one of these on my list of things to look out for...now I have Several, from different grexes on my wish list :) Nice variation!

I never did get mine too bloom and it minimized itself out of existence. Wonder how many years it takes too bloom. Have not seen them at Clouds Orchid since.

Latest posts

Back