Paph tigrinum 'Windy Hill'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome Leo.

I had an oportunity to buy one of these from Marylin, but didn't have the cash at the time.

I didn't want to jinx myself this year, (which happens 1/2 the time I anounce a potential blooming) but I've been raising a couple tigrinum seedlings I got from Sheerwood Orchids in 2002. They've blasted blooms the last 3 years.

I switched one to the sphag/basket system in January 2011, and its gone nuts with much bigger leaves, and new growth. It's in bract now, but the rate of bract development and color of the bract is much better than in previous years, and I think its going to do it this time.

Anyway if you don't have a commitment for the pollen of this flower, I'd like to get some from you if my plant flowers successfully this year.

Thanks everyone. I might try basket culture on one of my tigrinums that are struggling. It sounds like the extra air to the roots is the trick. I don't think tirgrinum is an extreem calciphile, so NZ moss might work well.

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I might try basket culture on one of my tigrinums that are struggling. It sounds like the extra air to the roots is the trick. I don't think tirgrinum is an extreem calciphile, so NZ moss might work well.

Thanks

Besides the moss, I have hydroton balls and some sand in the basket. Live moss is doing well too.

That colour is incredible. Thanks for sharing, I can't wait for mine to flower one day but they have practically stopped growing.

Back