Paph thaianum in the USA

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjkOC

Reaction score
I am interested in finding out more about this miniature species and whether anyone is growing it in the US?

Also for all growers, do you find it similar to niveum? Easy to grow/flower? Any intolerances or preferences?

I look forward to hearing from you, thanks in advance!

I am growing a single plant. Seems to grow "OK" definitely not as fast as a niveum but growing none the less. First got it with a single growth and just a few roots. Now it has two more smaller growths and can see some new roots have formed in about a year.

Potted in my mix of 2 parts bark, 1 part chopped NZSM, 1 part lump carbon, 1 part hydroton in a coconut fiber pot. Top dressed twice a year with oyster shell.

Tyler

I am also growing it.
coco fiber-precision orchiata-chunky perlite, limestone, and growstone

It is very slow. If you import it, which I did, they can take a beating during the process. To reestablish it, it can take months.

Once it is established the leaves grow a third the speed of niveum.

The plant is watered twice a week in active months and once a week in cooler ones.

no blooms yet.

I would get one from Sam and save yourself some trouble.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences...it sounds like I have to think about this one a little longer...seems like a set-up for a trial in patience!

Latest posts

Back