Paph. Taiwan 'Diplomat' AM/AOS, CCM/AOS update.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
WooHoo! :)

This plant was exhibited in the Royal Botanical Gardens Orchid Show in Burlington, Ontario this past weekend and it did really well!

In ribbon judging, it got a 1st place blue ribbon for BEST PAPHIOPEDILUM HYBRID - MULTIFLORAL and BEST SPECIMEN. Also, the photograph in the front/centre at the base of the plant is the BEST PAPHIOPEDILUM HYBRID trophy. It is a professional print of a Paph. Ho Chi Minh. The rosette on the left is the Best PLANT IN SHOW rosette and the one on the right is for Best SPECIMEN PLANT in show. Then there are the two judges score sheets for AOS awards. The one on the left with the silver seal is for an AM/AOS OF 80 points and the other is for a CCM/AOS of 84 points. It also got a 375 ml bottle of Ice Wine for each of the major awards: Best in Show, Best Specimen and Best Paph Hybrid.

The new co-owners of this beauty (Carl and Sarah Straub) and I are thrilled with these results and so is Wendy. She is the one who grew the plant up to this large size. I'm the one who grew the flowers and Carl and Sarah are the ones who recognised the quality and suggested that it be exhibited in the upcoming show. Carl is "Carl S" over on the OSF. Thank you Carl and Sarah for buying into this plant and bringing forward the idea of getting it to a show! You were right, it really did need to make an appearance in the orchid show scene to see what it could do.

22597.jpg

22596.jpg

22598.jpg

Extremely impressive plant, well grown and if I didn't miscount it is carrying 16 blooms at the same time !!!
Congrats to the both of you Wendy and JohnM !!

Well done John and Wendy. You had a very good week it seems and also a very good deal with sharing the plant and getting some cash at the same time.:clap::clap::clap:

Well done John! I was watching for the photos last night but went to bed early. So glad to see them here this morning....makes my day start off right. :clap::clap::clap:

oh my! it's fantastic! ilke a Lady Isabel on steroids.

I have a nice clone of Paph Taiwan I grow--very vigrorous plant but I doubt I'll ever be able to get it to this monster size!

Damn, there goes another keyboard... :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::clap::rollhappy: Fan-Tastic!

Latest posts

Back