Paph. rothschildianum ('Borneo Dark' x 'Dark Chocolate')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Some more Paph. rothschildianum seedlings have opened from a cross I made a few years ago between 'Borneo Dark' and 'Dark Chocolate'. I selected both parents based on their color, and sibbed the two darkest roths that we had. I am starting to like the cross more and more. The shape is not as good as some of the other newer crosses that are out there (although I still think they are better than average), but what I do like about this cross is the colors of the flowers. Indeed all of them are turning out very dark!

Here are some pics:

This was an arangement I made for a local orchid show here at the MN Arboretum:

PaphrothschildianumBorneoDarkxDa-6.jpg

PaphrothschildianumBorneoDarkxDarkC.jpg

Individual plant:
PaphrothschildianumBorneoDarkxDa-3.jpg

PaphrothschildianumBorneoDarkxDa-7.jpg

PaphrothschildianumBorneoDarkxDa-4.jpg

PaphrothschildianumBorneoDarkxDa-1.jpg

Robert

Beautiful color. They certainly make a striking group. Nicely photographed as well.

Chuck

I just got a seedling (about 8 inches ls) of this cross. I love the colors....now I have something to seriously look forward to!!! Thanks for making this cross!!

David

They do have very red pouches and nicely contrasting stripping. I like them quite a bit.

How long have they been out of flask, and what is the leaf span Robert?

that color is excellent. some of the best pouch color ive seen.. but why only 2 flowers on those? that seems really low..

Yes, nice roths.

The plants with 3 flowers is the best in form and color no?

I have this cross and it's blooming size. I'm waiting for the new growth and it will be good for this year or more next year.

I agree with you. Even if it's not incredible roth., they are best than we can often find.

Super color, Robert! The form and flower count aren't spectacular, but who's counting. I wouldn't kick them out of bed for eating crackers!

-Ernie

Now this is the type of flower bowl I would like to give to my wife. What does it cost? :)

Latest posts

Back