Paph parishii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilda

Reaction score
North East Tennessee, Z6 , Sunroom, flourecent lig
I have been holding my breath and crossing my fingers since I found the bloom sheath on this one ! This is a first bloom seedling that has 4 flowers, and I have been growing it for 2 years !! It was worth the wait and the patience ! I love the hairy warts that stick out !:)

DSCI00082.jpg

Gilda
I think this may be P. dianthum, or maybe a cross of diantum and parishii.

The petals are dark, but the stem and ovaries do not look very pubescent.

The flower count is low for a parishii, but it is a first time bloomer.

...P. dianthum, or maybe a cross of diantum and parishii.... but the stem and ovaries do not look very pubescent...

I think the stem is hairy/pubescent enough to name it P. parishii and leave the tag as it is.
However, if P. parishii or P. dianthum - at any rate it's a beauty and I'm looking forward to blooming the both of mine some day.

Best regards from Germany

Nice one! I love this species :) Nice dorsal.

- Matt

PS -I finally have some protocorns of parishii ready to replate! Who knows when the flasks will be available, though...

it is a parishii. it could have a couple more flowers next time.. nice one!

it is a parishii. it could have a couple more flowers next time.. nice one!

Yes.

I was being reactionary after Oak Hills release of "parishii" that are all blooming out as dianthum. Less than 10 years ago dianthum was just considered a variety of parishii, and I'm expecting to see a rash of hybrids of these two over the next few years.

Back