Paphipedilum parishii #1

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokerpass

Reaction score
Paphipedilum parishii #1: in full bloom now. The petals have become twisty. This is a very rare species in cultivation and in bloom. I have another one that is opening up, cannot wait to see it in full bloom in 10-14 days.....will post when #2 is in full bloom.
1683514179037.png1683514185917.png

I have a first bloom seedling in spike now but it will be a month or more before its fully open.
Very nice, what's your potting mix?

Beautiful! Nice job getting it to bloom. I need to add parishii to my collection.

I have a first bloom seedling in spike now but it will be a month or more before its fully open.
How many years from seeding to spike? I've had one for about 15 years, slowly getting there, but still no cigar:D. It is a survivor at least.

How many years from seeding to spike? I've had one for about 15 years, slowly getting there, but still no cigar:D. It is a survivor at least.
The current plant does have a new growth and spiking. Another plant that bloomed last year i don't think had a new growth at the time of blooming but it must of been breaking an eye at the same time. The newest blooming size growth is almost as big as the old one and has a start of its own.

Bark mix (orchiata bark, perlite, and charcaol). The 2 large plants I received from Paph Paradise, one is potted in medium bark mix, the other one is potted in small mix. Both work, just to make sure that you use the smallest pot possible, and also only water it when it is bone dry.

For paph parishii (difficult to grow). I learned to buy large seedlings. I bought 2 large seedlings and 1 medium seedling from Paph Paradise 2 years ago. It took 2 seasons for the 2 large plants to bloom. Even for large plant with very good roots, it is slow. The medium seedling one, very slow growing, grew 2/3 of new leaf last year on the main growth. The baby was tiny when I received 2 years ago, in 2 years, the baby grow to about 2-3 inches tall. So I would recommend to buy larger plants.

Does it have a new growth? The 2 blooming plants each has a baby. One baby, the longest leaf is 6 inches, the other baby, the longest leaf is 8 inches.

I bought my two 7/21. The first one spiked a few months later. The second is spiking now for the first time. Here is the first and it could spike anytime as well. You just need to figure out your best way to grow this species 16835934352982126832265153322118.jpg
16835934755582301802734540382286.jpg

Back