Paph parishii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truemadman

Reaction score
Hi All,

Here are a few paph parishii in bloom at the moment. There are some variations within the three of them. They are kept under the same conditions. What do you think? ..... Thanks

Nice and interesting. My first thought is mauroon in the dorsal! I've never seen that before. The petals don't twist enough for me either. How confident are you that these plants are pure parishii? What is the source? How many on a stem? Is this the first time for them to bloom?

Excellent blooms!!!! I love the petals and the shape of pouches!!!:clap: Are they easier to grow than dianthum???

Very nice. They just look like variations of a parishii to me. It is quite a variable species. I guess in the horticulture trade we just tend to see selected forms. I've seen some amazing forms of this species over the years.

As Dot says. what else could it be if it is not a parishii. It doesn't look to be a hybrid.

Where are these parishii's derived from?

David

Nice and interesting. My first thought is mauroon in the dorsal! I've never seen that before. The petals don't twist enough for me either. How confident are you that these plants are pure parishii? What is the source? How many on a stem? Is this the first time for them to bloom?

Yes, they all is parishii, coming from the same collected lot. I suspect that these came from diff location. As noticed, the odd thing about some of these is the color in the dorsal, in deed. Anybody has any idea if this has been encountered in parishii before?

Talk about the petals not twisting enough? How about this...

Well, parishii when newly open, the petels are not twisted at all. It would take a few days for the petals to start twisting.:poke:

These parishii have 4 to 6 flowers per stem. And, yes this is the fisrt time for them to bloom (for me):poke: Each has about 6 to 8 growths.

Attachments

• Paph parishii newly open.jpg
    Paph parishii newly open.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 15
Excellent blooms!!!! I love the petals and the shape of pouches!!!:clap: Are they easier to grow than dianthum???

They grow just a little warmer than dianthum, otherwise the same. Because they are originated from locations south of dianthum, closer to the Equator.

Latest posts

Back