Paph. Orion's Belt

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
This is a hybrid of Muriel Constance x emersonii growing in semi hydro in the g.h. It's a first bloom seedling originally from Orchids Limited. I'm pretty happy with it, though it probably still needs to open and hopefully flatten a little more since it's only been open 3 days. The coloration on the staminode isn't symmetrical but other than that I can't complain.

Orionsbelt.jpg

That's awesome, Candace! Every Autumn, I look forward to seeing Orion rise in the evenings, and admire the three main stars of his belt, Alnitak, Alnilam, and Mintaka...

i don't like hybrids. i don't like hybrids. i don't like hybrids...
ah heck, i was hopin' if i said it enough i'd believe it but, well, that emersonii is front and present...
yum.

Thanks all. This is my first emersonii hybrid to bloom out but as everyone has posted the hybrids seem to be much easier to grow and bloom. It's also 3 growths already while my straight emersonii grows slooowly along.

Cool! So far I haven't really seen a bad flower from this cross. Gotta love that emersonii as it really fills out the petals when used in breeding.

.... I can't complain.... If you do! I'll be on the first flight out and grab it from you!! It is sweet.

Latest posts

Back