Paph myanmaricum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone needs to work with DFG to get permission to breed confiscated plants. That's what Antec labs did back in the day to get vietnamense legal. I think this was also done for several other new species.

Someone needs to work with DFG to get permission to breed confiscated plants. That's what Antec labs did back in the day to get vietnamense legal. I think this was also done for several other new species.

Yes, then it allows one idiot who believe in artificial propagation to legalize all the wild stocks, including the ones already in the US. AnTec did it with vietnamense, it was a fantastic opportunity worldwide to have vietnamense legalized everywhere, for a very cheap price. I am not certain that they sold more than a couple flasks.... That's why no one is interested in working like that...

and yet vietnamense is now legal.
Indeed, but basically, AnTec had to make a lot of agreements, propagate the plants from seeds... and at the end back then it legalized all the wild plants that were on the market in those days ( that are dead today anyway...)

So the problem is to find a total idiot, to work with a conservation center, seized plants, paperwork, controls about the number of plants produced, the origin. A psychotic guy, most likely masochist, who will sell 10 plants for 50US... and help the huge growers who had hidden stocks to legalize thousands of their plants, and make 'BigProfit'.

I have been that idiot for gigantifolium back then. The only CITES that was valid, and confirmed by Geneva, was mine. The one to Hawaii was canceled, and it was a huge concern for people who were selling hybrids, seedling of the species, and established wild plants.

The stupid Xavier sold 1 (ONE) division with an invoice to Germany. The German guy sold 'divisions' to Piping Rock and a few others after that.

It legalized the whole fucking gigantifolium, all around the world. They all sold ' divisions' and ' seedlings' out of THAT plant. I made a profit of minus few hundreds dollars back then. If people can have gigantifolium legally, anywhere in the world, it is only, and solely, because of my stupidity.

Indeed, but basically, AnTec had to make a lot of agreements, propagate the plants from seeds... and at the end back then it legalized all the wild plants that were on the market in those days ( that are dead today anyway...)

So the problem is to find a total idiot, to work with a conservation center, seized plants, paperwork, controls about the number of plants produced, the origin. A psychotic guy, most likely masochist, who will sell 10 plants for 50US... and help the huge growers who had hidden stocks to legalize thousands of their plants, and make 'BigProfit'.

I have been that idiot for gigantifolium back then. The only CITES that was valid, and confirmed by Geneva, was mine. The one to Hawaii was canceled, and it was a huge concern for people who were selling hybrids, seedling of the species, and established wild plants.

The stupid Xavier sold 1 (ONE) division with an invoice to Germany. The German guy sold 'divisions' to Piping Rock and a few others after that.

It legalized the whole fucking gigantifolium, all around the world. They all sold ' divisions' and ' seedlings' out of THAT plant. I made a profit of minus few hundreds dollars back then. If people can have gigantifolium legally, anywhere in the world, it is only, and solely, because of my stupidity.
For everyone else, it is nice there are idiots and other philanthropists out there.

For everyone else, it is nice there are idiots and other philanthropists out there.
Indeed, but as I said, people take, but if you are alone, with problems, or bankrupt, no one is going to save you. Not even the traders who used the permits to make tens of thousands of dollars of profit... So it is not worth the effort.

Indeed, but as I said, people take, but if you are alone, with problems, or bankrupt, no one is going to save you. Not even the traders who used the permits to make tens of thousands of dollars of profit... So it is not worth the effort.
But what you write is very informative and actually very entertaining to read especially for me right now since I’m confined to our house because of snowstorm.

Latest posts

Back