Paph. myanmaricum first bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lori, if I remember correctly, you asked me about the day length earlier close to midsummer. And I also mentioned the nightless nights. Well, the next night in northernmost Finland and Canada the sun is going down for the first time since they started.

Ps. Just realized that in Longyearbyen in Svalbad the sun goes down for the first time first next night, when in Lappland it happened last night. 🤭😊
I keep track of what's going on in Tuktoyaktuk, a hamlet on the shores of the Arctic Ocean, which I visited a number of years ago. The sun has just started to set there. I haven't checked communities higher north in Baffin Island but would imagine sunset/sunrise is similar to what you have in Northern Finland.

Wow!!!! I have never heard of or seen this species before- now I want one. Thanks for showing us. I especially love the elongated petals.
It was new to me too when I came across it on the vendor's pre-order list prior to our show and sale. The flower is huge compared to the plant. I'm glad you like it and hope you will be able to acquire one soon.

It was new to me too when I came across it on the vendor's pre-order list prior to our show and sale. The flower is huge compared to the plant. I'm glad you like it and hope you will be able to acquire one soon.

If my memory serves me right, P. myanmaricum was discovered 2017 and trungkienii 2018.
It's great that they still find beautiful new species. That is one reason why it's so terrible when the rainforests are being destroyed. There are so much of everything that disappear forever, we don't even know the things that are being destroyed. Many cure for ailments and desease might be lost.

Hopefully yours will travel as well as mine did. It was packed with a good amount of sphagnum moss around the roots and amazingly none of the roots died during its journey. I tucked it into a small pot nonetheless as I didn't want to overpot and risk root rot. For the first few weeks I gave it a daily misting because, as you know, Orchiata dries very quickly. I eased off on the daily mistings once I noticed it was beginning to form a bud for fear of rotting the bud. I'm pleased with the outcome :)
Do you mind if I ask how much did you pay for shipping? I'm waiting for three plants to be shipped from Montreal.

This is something new to me...love it! I guess I will have to wait long to get one in U.S.

Do you mind if I ask how much did you pay for shipping? I'm waiting for three plants to be shipped from Montreal.
It was part of a group order that we pre-ordered before our orchid club's show and sale this spring so the vendor covered the shipping costs.

Latest posts

Back