Paph. myanmaricum first bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lori.b

Reaction score
tempImageBTQxJn.jpgtempImagelUYNGy.jpgtempImageQWc33P.jpg
Very happy to see this little cutie make its grand entrance today. I got it more than a week after our spring show this year thanks to a missed connecting flight followed by a lengthy wait at customs (the officers were on strike at the time). Despite the challenges it has grown well for me and I was thrilled to see the bud appear a few weeks ago. It definitely has been enjoying the hot weather we've been having here this summer. I grow it in Orchiata/perlite/charcoal on the top shelf of the light stand alongside my other brachys. It gets watered and fertilized with MSU twice a week.

A really nice example of the species.

Thanks for culture tip. Mine is still delayed but on its way in 6 months lol.
Hopefully yours will travel as well as mine did. It was packed with a good amount of sphagnum moss around the roots and amazingly none of the roots died during its journey. I tucked it into a small pot nonetheless as I didn't want to overpot and risk root rot. For the first few weeks I gave it a daily misting because, as you know, Orchiata dries very quickly. I eased off on the daily mistings once I noticed it was beginning to form a bud for fear of rotting the bud. I'm pleased with the outcome :)

lovely bloom. super jealous! does anyone know when myanmaricum will be allowed in the united states?
I didn't realize it's not available in the US yet. What a shame. This seems to have been the case with a number of other species in the past too. I hope that will change for you soon.

Last edited:
Lori, this flower looks really, really good ..... 👌. I like this relatively newly described species a lot.
Thank you Rudolf. Pictures don't do it justice. I like it much more than I thought I would.

It's absolutely wonderful! I'm almost jealous also, I know a vendor who got seedlings this year. Must waite some time still.
It would also be wonderful and interesting to be able to buy the Paph concolor var trungkienii. That looks really beautiful! It was found in 2018.

View attachment 41917View attachment 41918View attachment 41919
Very happy to see this little cutie make its grand entrance today. I got it more than a week after our spring show this year thanks to a missed connecting flight followed by a lengthy wait at customs (the officers were on strike at the time). Despite the challenges it has grown well for me and I was thrilled to see the bud appear a few weeks ago. It definitely has been enjoying the hot weather we've been having here this summer. I grow it in Orchiata/perlite/charcoal on the top shelf of the light stand alongside my other brachys. It gets watered and fertilized with MSU twice a week.
Stunner!!! Congratulations!!

It's absolutely wonderful! I'm almost jealous also, I know a vendor who got seedlings this year. Must waite some time still.
It would also be wonderful and interesting to be able to buy the Paph concolor var trungkienii. That looks really beautiful! It was found in 2018.
Interesting; blooming my first concolor right now. Any photos of trungkienii?

Do you actually have trungkienii, the plant? Or do you mean that you have the pictures?

Dear Arne, I meant that I have these pics. Not sure if I'm aloud to publish these, but these I have found. The flower looks so colorful and beautiful, so different from the 'normal' concolor. I wish it were for sale somewhere. 😃

Brucher, I have these.
Dear Arne, I meant that I have these pics. Not sure if I'm aloud to publish these, but these I have found. The flower looks so colorful and beautiful, so different from the 'normal' concolor. I wish it were for sale somewhere. 😃
Beautiful pictures. I'm unaware of that plant but it's definitely going on to the wish list if and when it does become available.

Latest posts

Back