Paph Misty Dell

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't take credit for this one. Yesterday, I went to my Mid Hudson Orchid Society meeting and the speaker was Carri Raven-Riemann of Orchidphile. The talk was on phals and growing them. I thought Carri only grew phals. but to my surprise she brought maybe 4 or 6 catts, a couple of mini dendrobiums and maybe 4 or 5 paphs. She had two Misty Dells. This one was the example plant only due to the fact it was open and she had one other to sell. I thought it was a good example of Misty Dell (Magic Lantern x delenatii) so asked if I could by the example plant after the meeting or after the other one sold. She agreed and I paid her for it and picked it up mid-meeting after Carlos a friend of mine bought the one in bud. This is a two growth previously bloomed plant that she imported from In-Charm. She claims that all of them flowered as nice as this one. The leaf span on the blooming growth is 8 inches. What surprised me is the width of the leaf which seemed wider then usual. The width measures between one and three quarters of an inch to two inches. It turns out this flower had gotten water in the pouch so it's not at it's best. The natural spread on the flower is 10 c.m. I've once seen about a dozen of these in bloom at the same location and none had this deep a color. In any case, this guy came home with me.

PaphMistyDell.jpg

Latest posts

Back