Paph Little Bright Eyes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paph Little Bright Eyes = (niveum x Mary Zdilla) Please excuse the butterfly clip. I needed to pull the flower up a bit for the quick picture. It's now been pollinated.

PaphLittleBrightEyes3and212.jpg

sweet - what did you cross onto them?

I only used the better of the two. I did reciprocal crosses of it and Jennifer Ann Hella '#5' (Mildred Hunter x Skip Bartlett) and I also used the pollen on Paph Barb Hella (barbigerum x Hellas). The JA Hella is a small pink complex and Barb Hella is yellow/bronze.

JA Hella '#5' is the one on the right
PaphJenniferAnnHella25-2.jpg

Paph Barb Hella
PaphBarbHella12-11A.jpg

What are you trying to achieve with this cross?

The ultimate goal is to produce rounder miniature complex Paphs

In the JA Hella x LBE cross, I'm interested to see what happens to the red/pink brushing and hopefully get wider petals from the influence of grandparents on both sides.

In the Barb Hella x LBE cross, I'm hoping that the niveum in LBE will supress the yellow in the Barb Hella, leaving even more red/pink. Hadley Cash has talked about the ability of Hellas to widen petals in standard complex Paphs. It is my hope that enough of that ability will come through from the Hellas grandparent when combined with the niveum in LBE to overcome the dominant narrow petals of barbigerum.

I like the "better" one quite a lot already. Its hard to find nice pinks in Complexes in my opinion, and the spots are a bonus. Maybe next time you should self it.

Latest posts

Back