Paph liemianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick- The plants in that greenhouse get watered everyday if I remember correctly because the plants there are potted in basically rocks. lol

Perhaps your greenhouse gets too cold at certain times of the year for this type, wchich like it quite warm year around??

I have one liemianum that has been flowering for 19 months now non-stop.
The new fan that started 19 months ago is still not mature.
At least this particular plant, it is one of the slowest growing paphs I have.
Thank goodness it is in bloom all the time, so I don't really think about the slow growth too much.
Otherwise, it would have been long gone. hahaha

Also, one has to accept that there are such things as crappy plants that just don't do well no matter what you do.

Last edited:
Bjorn, how many growths does the 20 yr old have? I would mercilessly divide it in several if it has more than four or five growths. I was given a megaplant of Prime Child that had never bloomed, kept if for a couple years intact, then divided it. Now the divisions bloom normally.

A firm favorite of mine! The combination of HOT pink and chilly lime green is what dreams are made of.
(Warm, warm, warm and shady wet with good air movement) one of the species that does not want a winter holiday!

Here's the foliage. There's a very faint mottling to the leaves. It's growing in a 7.5" pot. There's a bit of light-burn on some leaves from one of my failed experiments a few seasons ago.

--Stephen

Bjorn, how many growths does the 20 yr old have? I would mercilessly divide it in several if it has more than four or five growths. I was given a megaplant of Prime Child that had never bloomed, kept if for a couple years intact, then divided it. Now the divisions bloom normally.

Its not that big, had a lot of issues over the years but seems healthy now. Perhaps 5-6 shoots?

This year's mature growth has 3 flowers on a single stem from this plant. I've never gotten that before on a sequential multi. Bloom size and form are the best I've ever had from this plant.

The colors are a bit wonky since I took the photos under the lights. I'm afraid if I move the plant the oldest flower will drop.

Latest posts

Back