Paph Hsinying Agogo

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Below is a Paph. Hsinying Agogo that I purchased last year at Parkside Orchids. There were many in bloom so naturally I chose what Donna and myself considered the nicest one. The cross is Paph. armeniacum x Paph. Hsinying Concon. It is a large flower with a natural spread of 10 c.m. Just a few weeks ago while I was at their Summer Orchid Festival I picked up another one of the same cross. This one like the other has a short leaf span, yet the one in bloom has really grown up. Hope you like it.

733PaphHsinyingAgogo.jpg

Really, really nice shine to the flower, I love the "hubcap" staminode too. It looks like an award winner!!

Eric, yes that is exactly what I mean. The one I just bought in a 3 1/2" pot has leaf spans in the 5 to 6 inch range. The one in the photo which I've only had about 1 and 1/2 years has leaf spans in the 8 to 9 inch range.

Talking about leaves heres something interesting. I have many Paph. Armenie Whites in the greenhouse. John at Parkside had been advertising some that he claims stayed yellow threwout most of the time the flower was out. So, I told him to save me a few. These plants had very, very wide leaves. They are at least 1 1/2 inches wide. They look like they are on steroids compared to all of mine. I assume over time the next growths will get smaller under my conditions. It will be interesting to see.

Latest posts

Back