Paph. henryanum v. album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some shots of the plant while it was developing the spike. Also a couple more shots of the flower. The one with the flower and plant - colour is quite a bit off, but the photo provides some perspective...

ha2.JPG

ha3.jpg

ha4.jpg

ha5.JPG

Hello Lienluu,

thank you very much , how large ist the leavespann?

Hello Lienluu,

thank you very much , how large ist the leavespann?

The pot it's in is a 3" square rands aircone pot, so that gives a rough est. of the plant size if you compare the pot size to plant size.

Hello Lienluu,

you are collector of pahiopedilum albino form. Can you show me photos of your malipoense album and vietnamense album please.

thanks in advance

It is only missing hangianum album and emersonii album , then you have the complete Collection. I congratulate you.

That is pretty wonderful. Congratulations.

David

PS I amazed that people could not find the normal henryanum attractive. Everyone is different I guess.

Lien ,
This flower is really outstanding.
Hakone, I think you should contact Popow and get one for your album paphs' collection.

Lien ,
This flower is really outstanding.
Hakone, I think you should contact Popow and get one for your album paphs' collection.

Hello Hien,
thank you very much, your recommendation . I have henryanum album , but do not flower yet. My coccineum album died one year ago.

Lienluu, May I suggest you have this very rare variety of henry photography in greater detail for generations now and to come. Only because this variety may never be seen again. Also, if the plant is strong enough to self it so that this rare album form is not lost. Like so many other varieties found once and now gone forever.
A very unique and beautiful flower, thanks!

That's quite strange too, but both plants have been selfed, and many seedlings released about 4-5- years ago, at the same time as vietnamense album. They are to be found nowhere now in collections, which suggests that they died. Lien plant is a division of the original (Vietnamese) type of henryanum.

That's quite strange too, but both plants have been selfed, and many seedlings released about 4-5- years ago, at the same time as vietnamense album. They are to be found nowhere now in collections, which suggests that they died. Lien plant is a division of the original (Vietnamese) type of henryanum.

Do you know how many different (true) album forms of henryanum were found? Like I said I have two, that aren't the same. I haven't bloomed the other one.

I didn't realise they had been selfed before. I never saw seedlings or flasks being offered... and definitely have not seen or heard of anything now...

Do you know how many different (true) album forms of henryanum were found? Like I said I have two, that aren't the same. I haven't bloomed the other one.

I didn't realise they had been selfed before. I never saw seedlings or flasks being offered... and definitely have not seen or heard of anything now...

About 5 or 6 different ones so far. Every 2-3 years they find a new one in the wild. Quite frequently they find a semialbum or Christae form in the wild, about once or twice a year. Most originate from Vietnam (like yours...). Luckily henryanum album is a really valuable plant. helenae and tranlienianum albums are in fact an (expensive) joke. Only this year, it is the blooming season of helenae, and I got offers for about 8 different ones in bloom.

When they are not in bloom, the traders have green leafed helenae and tranlienianum possibly album for sale nonstop... Helenae and tranlienianum album can be considered as common. On the other side, coccineum and henryanum album are very rare, and esquirolei album is really extremely rare (since I am in Vietnam, dozen of thousands of collected plants bloomed and offered everywhere, I have seen only one real one).

....I didn't realise they had been selfed before. I never saw seedlings or flasks being offered... and definitely have not seen or heard of anything now...

Sam Tsui sold many flasks 4-5 years ago.Also Popow had seedlings but i dont know if were produced by him or were from Sam.
I had 3 veeery small seedlings as gift but they died 2 years ago frozen to death in a greenhouse accident.They were slow growing compared to my other henrianum seedlings....

Hello Lienluu,

here is my henryanum album , sorry in progress, december 2008

here is normal henryanum

I hope , you understand me

Latest posts

Back