Paph. henryanum v. album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lienluu

FINALLY! I got this division back around 1996, the plant has been growing literally millimeters per year and finally decided to bloom this year.

ha.jpg

The one Paphioboy talks about is from Chouy Tsai in Taiwan...a very nice one

The one Paphioboy talks about is from Chouy Tsai in Taiwan...a very nice one

Do you have a link to a photo of it?

I have two different clones of Paph. henryanum album. This one, which I got from Boscha, I also have a second division of a different plant, which I got from Sam Tsui. I'm not sure what the background is on the plant from Sam.

:clap: Congrats! That's patience!
Are they all so slow growing?
I can appreciate the rareness but seems to lose the henry charm without the spots.

Lienluu, May I suggest you have this very rare variety of henry photography in greater detail for generations now and to come. Only because this variety may never be seen again. Also, if the plant is strong enough to self it so that this rare album form is not lost. Like so many other varieties found once and now gone forever.
A very unique and beautiful flower, thanks!

FINALLY! I got this division back around 1996, the plant has been growing literally millimeters per year and finally decided to bloom this year.

ha.jpg

Hello Lienluu,

yes, henryanum album grow very very slowly . Have you Photos of the plant?

thank you very much

Congrats, that's a great achievement to grow and finally bloom that slow grower!! :drool::drool:

.......I can appreciate the rareness but seems to lose the henry charm without the spots.
This is an extremly rare plant and...yes P. henryanum gets a lot of its charm by its spottet dorsal.
But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, isn't it !!

have you thought of breeding it with a regular colored one to take a step to better growing albas?

Wonderfull!
I never liked the color combination of a yellow dorsal, the pink pouch and the brownish petals of the regular henrys!

Excellent!! Congratulations on growing this rare variation so well and flowering it!! It's gorgeous :drool:

Latest posts

Back