Paph helenae...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartie2000

Reaction score
My helenae just bloomed, indeed it is the tiniest paph I bloomed. Its so cute I had to share. Based on its parent's grex names (‘Ching Hua #4’ x ‘Ching Hua #5’) I think it is a chinese variety, assuming the chinese didn't take one from vietnam. thanks for looking
DSCN0214-1.jpg

My helenae just bloomed, indeed it is the tiniest paph I bloomed. Its so cute I had to share. Based on its parent's grex names (‘Ching Hua #4’ x ‘Ching Hua #5’) I think it is a chinese variety, assuming the chinese didn't take one from vietnam. thanks for looking
DSCN0214-1.jpg
Fren, I love the green color.
It may be impossible to tell which one from Vietnam & which one from China, since most nurseries have access to thousands of plants from both sources. The only way for sure is if you get to own a collected one, even that, you would have to know someone who buys them directly from the highlander minorities.
'Ching Hua #4' & 'Ching Hua#5' only means the parents are selected stud plants from CHING HUA .
A chinese friend told me the chinese helenae is yellow in color, but I am not sure whether it is true, unless it is described that way by authority on the subject.

Nicely bloomed!:) It looks greener than most I have seen. Could you post a picture in a few weeks to see if the flower has faded toward yellow?

I sure can. I think it might be a little more yellow than the photo and I hope it gets more yellow actually. And I hope the bloom will open wider.
This bloom plays tricks with my camera a lot, (I had a lot of pretty photos of bright pink/yellow colours that I rejected b/c they were not actual).

Where did you get this one from? Its really nice, what the leaf span?

Kyle

Absolutely gorgeous. I do love this species. I have bought a couple of flasks from Taiwan. Still a little way off flowering.

David

very nice... it does look awfully cute!!! esp with it's hug me petals and amply proportioned torso... (gosh this makes me sound like a chubby chaser) :/

These are so cute!

Wish mine would flower. It's growing happily, putting out new growths but no sign of buds yet.

Yep, once again the canucks and euros are flaunting their paphs at us! For their sake I hope Obama's economic recovery plans don't include one of Mr. Bush's favorite themes, "invasion"!

Latest posts

Back