Paph. hangianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the potting mix info. I use a CHC based mix for my hangs and they grow SLOWLY!!!! Your plant grows at lightning speed, compared to my plants.

For what it's worth, I see ZERO evidence of malipoense. Everything about this flower AND foliage tells me it's pure hang....just a nice, dark coloured one.

OMG, it has taken over 4 years since you got it, and it was already 10cm, which isn't that small of a seedling!
I applaud your patience.

Thanks for the potting mix info. I use a CHC based mix for my hangs and they grow SLOWLY!!!! Your plant grows at lightning speed, compared to my plants.

For what it's worth, I see ZERO evidence of malipoense. Everything about this flower AND foliage tells me it's pure hang....just a nice, dark coloured one.

Yep, it is a straight hangianum. and I've seen ones that are much darker and red. I think the nice bright cream yellow flowers are common pictures available of this species and what most people associate with it. but the variability of hangianum is quite something.

I still prefer the less pigmented "moon" flower type. :p

Thanks, I am having trouble growing with chc. Perhaps my watering is not suitable for chc mix. Having said that, I know people that are having success with using that mix.

eggshells... what about watering and fert schedule?

Around 40 ppm of N every watering (which is every 3-4 days) of 25-10-10

Back