Paph. hangianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Paph. hangianum. It's such a wonderful species. I guess there are now some of them in the USA that are legal, though they're still a bit more pricey than I can afford. Good job on this one, it's beautiful.

Really??? Should ask him....

Yes I think he got it from Hung Sheng originally as it is his source for paphs. I wish I kept the cross number though so I could give it to you. Unfortunately, I can't find it on my records.

Wonderful! Gongratulations!

What are you using as potting medium? Thanks.

John, mix is a mix of fine bark and perlite. Maybe a bit of charcoal so this is the old mix as I can't seem to find (reasonably price) charcoal anymore.

Gorgeous, my fingers are crossed for what mine will look like, they are slow!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yes I think he got it from Hung Sheng originally as it is his source for paphs. I wish I kept the cross number though so I could give it to you. Unfortunately, I can't find it on my records.

Cool,I have about 30 seedlings growing from HS flask, hopefully one of them looks like yours.

Gorgeous. Just how long ago did you buy it, and how small was it? I have a small number of seedlings from Hung Sheng I haven't killed yet, but at the rate they're growing I'll be an old man by the time they bloom :mad:

I checked the label and I got it in 03/12 as a 8-10 cm leaf span seedling. Perhaps 2 years from flask. First flower came in 2014 but it aborted. So I think it is a standard hangianum as for vigor. I think from flasks is about 2-3 years for vigorous seedlings and the mediocre ones are 4-5. They take a little bit longer than other species but once you get the first flower. The subsequent growths doesn't take that long to bloom.

Back