Paph. Gloria Naugle AKA: "Twisty"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The AOS , for all it's short commings is responsible in a large part to the wide appreciation of orchids. The best way to change what you don't agree with is to join and be included in it's future direction.
Rob

I am glad you feel I am entitled to my opinion, but my real point is that I also do not agree with the current direction of the AOS , that being said I actively support all the groups, AOS, OD, Slippertalk, paph forum, International slipper symposium, because I am obsessed with these plants. Being involved is far more constructive than being a destroyer, and I know, I have always been the critic and in my older years I have seen a better way.
Rob

I'm hardly destroying anything. I have to choose organizations I believe very strongly in because I cannot afford to support them all no matter what. It's nice you can do that but I think it is a bit far-etched to insinuate because of this I am "a destroyer"! I'd rather send a few dollars to Orchid Conservation International and Slipper Orchid Alliance, that's just my choice.

And Eric, once could say something similar in regards to your constant NYC bias.

Heather, you are correct, destroyer was far too harsh, but what I meant was that you are the founder of this forum and as a dissenter from another forum, your influence is greater than you may realize and your non support of AOS may be further reaching then you may realize. I also do not have ample resources to support all the orgs. that I would like to help but I do what I can. I like what you have started and want it to succeed. Without the AOS what we admire might be at risk.
Rob

I've been a member of the AOS for several years. Although I don't agree with everything they do, I do think it is important to support the main organization (in the US) that is centered on the plants I love. This, to me, is somewhat analogous to me being a citizen of the US. Although I don't always agree with everything our government does, I'm still a citizen and can vote/work to effect change. I like to stay informed about what is happening in the orchid world, and the AOS is one venue for that. Slippertalk is certainly one, as well.

Good for you, Eric, for taking Twisty in for judging. You're fortunate to live in a city that has regular judging, unlike me. We have an annual show, and a local member who is nice enough to take our plants to a handful of other shows for judging. But the problem is, my best plants always flower when there's no show nearby in which to enter them!

Well I took the 'twisty twins' to my first plant judging and although they liked the colors the form is ruined by the fatal curves in the dorsals, oh well. It was fun and gave me instuctional info for the next time.

Looks great to me Eric. I really like this cross - gotta hunt one down this year!

Latest posts

Back