Paph. Gloria Naugle AKA: "Twisty"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that certainly is a quality flower, even if the shape is not perfect this time. I like it.

dude. nice flower
i just got one from glen at piping rock that, well, hopefully will bloom. they're reluctant bloomers, right?
it's got nice shape!

Hi, I need some advice. Twisty has 2 blooms and there is a judging at the nearest center today. Should I take her in for judging, how do you do this, and how much does it cost?!?

i don't think judging costs anything. you just show up with the plant at the specified time.
if it wins an award, that costs money, plus, if you're not already, i think you'll have to join the aos.

i don't!
it seemed a waste to spend $60 on a year membership where i didn't really see any benefit.

Eric, I think you should take it in just for the experience. I usually compare measurements etc. to previous awards if I think it may be worth showing, but since you've never done it before...you ought to!

Well I took the 'twisty twins' to my first plant judging and although they liked the colors the form is ruined by the fatal curves in the dorsals, oh well. It was fun and gave me instuctional info for the next time.

P7170094.jpg

I support AOS because they arethe central judging organization and also a prime source for the distribution of information. Imagine the orchid world without the AOS!

OK, but without people improving the breeds by select breeding of species and hybrids we probably wouldn't have half the orchids we do and certainly not such quality ones.

Latest posts

Back