Paph. Gloria Naugle AKA: "Twisty"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
Icouldn't resist this Gloria Naugle w/ 2 FCC parents from OrchidTN on eBay. Unfortunately, I can't tell which side is front or back to orientate toward the light source. Any suggestions!?
P6250042.jpg

Wow, that looks like a nice plant! I'd say that the side facing away is the "front". Also, you may need to use some 16 guage florist wire to encourage the buds to turn and face the correct way. I had to do that with one of the stems on my recently posted Armeni White. One of the 5 stems was facing the wrong way. As it grew and elongated, I slowly forced it to turn 180* and face the same way as the others. It put on a GOOD show, so, it was worth the trouble.

'Can't wait to see the flowers on this plant!

....Also, you may need to use some 16 guage florist wire to encourage the buds to turn and face the correct way. I had to do that with one of the stems on my recently posted Armeni White. One of the 5 stems was facing the wrong way. As it grew and elongated, I slowly forced it to turn 180* and face the same way as the others. It put on a GOOD show, so, it was worth the trouble.

Wow! dangerous operation :drool: ! I would break the stem,for sure !!!

Great plant Eric, keep us updated please!!! Jean

First bloom open, the lateral petals are not as twisty as the photo looks, the dorsal is concaved on the right side though :(. It does have nice size and color, BTW I must correct, its from Thanh Nguyen of Springwater Orchids on eBay.
P7130094.jpg

P7130093.jpg

Latest posts

Back