Paph. emersonii shealth (length of producing bud time)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wonderlen3000

Reaction score
I have Paph. emersonii in shealth (for the first time) for over 5 months and there is no sing of bud development yet. I'm just wondering how long it will take for a 'flower shealth' to produce bloom.
I heard some species like malipoense takes a long time to produce flower as well.

They tend to take their sweet time, but the inflorescence isn't very long with Paph emersonii. Just keep water out of the forming bud and have some patience. My guess is that you are looking at spring flowers.

i just flowered a seedlng for the first time of this species. i tried to keep it on the cool/DRY side once the sheath developed and i think that helped. It didnt take more than 2 monthes from sheath initiation to a spike with a bud on it, and as slippertalker said it does have a relatively short inflorescence.

I've had emersonii bloom for me in April....bud and sheath would appear in early November. They do dawdle, then develop more quickly as April approaches. Enjoy them..the bloom only lasts about 2 weeks at best...but they can be very fragrant...and the flower will actually increase in size during its first few days.

Thanks. Right now I can see the another shealth inside the shealth, but can't make out the bud yet.
Wow the flower only last two weeks?? That's dissapointing, considering it's the slowest growing paph species. That mean i wouldn't see the flower again until the next 3 or 4 years lol.

Latest posts

Back