Paph. Emerald Isle

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paphluvr

Reaction score
image.jpeg

This was real common in the trade a few years back. Bought this from Orchids Garden Center in Madison, WI a few years back when Chuck was still there. 3" NS. Almost lost the plant a couple of years ago to ?, but managed to pull it through.

I don't know about the name, but the actual parentage is Paph. (ang-thong var. alba 'In-Charm' x niveum 'Pathana' FCC/AOS) x Paph. niveum 'In-Charm' BM/TPS. I believe I was told that the cross had been named Emerald Isle. The flasking tag # looks like it says NNP260, but the first letter is somewhat obscure.

This is Mystic Isle.
I have a few plants. The tag says the same thing, except ang thong part says godefroyae ang thong.
Emerald Isle is a bulldog hybrid, I think.

This is Mystic Isle.
I have a few plants. The tag says the same thing, except ang thong part says godefroyae ang thong.
Emerald Isle is a bulldog hybrid, I think.

From mysterious Emerald Isle to the more appropriate Mystic Isle :cool:

If my memory doesn't fool me (and in this instance I don't think it does), then british botanist Phillip Cribb treats ang thong as just a form of godefroyae...so...

Kind regards,
Jens

Latest posts

Back