paph Big Mac

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paworsport

Hy All

I have found recently a nice 3 growths plant of this cross on ebay (bellatulum x Macabre). It is in bud and I hope to share the pic soon wit you.
But it is a rarely seen cross. I found only 2 pics onthe web (in Japan)
Do you know why it is so scarce ? The parents are available widely in fact.
Has someone plant of Big Mac in his collection ?

yes on ebay UK. The vendor has usually some very interesting barbata hybrids for sale. Did you buy something from him ?

Not till now some plants on the pics are for sure not what he offers.
This scares me from buying plants from him.

In the last auctions there he sold fairrianum alba and the leaves he showed was something else but not from this kind alba or not.

Asked some peopel here in the forum and others and I get told that it can be true, they had the same feeling about him.

So this holds me away f´rom buying and he was not nice to at least one person in this froum:D

Never got an answer on my question if this pics shows the true kind.

Will wait if yours turn out correct, he is offering often and sometimes the same plants this is wondering for me too. Because he says you get the plant in the pic. So how often can you sell the same plant on eBay:confused:

There's not a lot of Maudiae types crossed with the bracky's for the reason genetic mules are produce in a high percent. A lot of time the flowers have minimum, color breaks or maximum deformed flowers.
You won't see a lot of pictures because people tend to not post deformed flowers.

In fact I asked him to send me a pic of the previous bloom for this plant and he has not, but he answered me explaining he has too much plants to take pics of all flowered.
I only bought 2 plants from him one in flower and it was what I expected a Macabre and this one. I'm ready to take the risk for 25 €. The plant is clearly a maudia x brachy . We will see. He has good evaluation on ebay.

Back