Paph. A. Dimmock 'Black Hunter'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrmd

Reaction score
I figured this one was worth sharing.This cross one has been around since 1902. Paph. A. Dimmock 'Black Hunter' is (druryi x Godseffianum).

5620084639_846a43c74c_z.jpg

Going from memory I believe Godseffianum is hirsutissimum X Paph boxallii,but could be wrong.

It has:

50% druryi
25% boxallii
25% hirsutissimum

Interesting hybrid, I love the colour and markings.

This was bought in bloom,but I don't have any problems flowering my druryi.I grow them in brighter light than the rest of my Paphs,and everything(temps,water) else is pretty much the same.I asked the same question when I picked this up.I was told it blooms easier than straight druyri,but I will let you know soon.It has a couple mature unbloomed growths.

This is one out of the history books. Not often seen anymore. You a nice piece of history let's hope you continue to post her picture every year!

:clap: :clap: Just the right old time blend!
.... druryi X's are usually easier to bloom but combine that with hirsut and for me that would be double trouble! :p

Thanks everybody.I have an easy time with hirsut too,so hopefully it cont. with this one.I probably shouldnt of opened my mouth.

A very interesting flower and I like the noticeable hirsitissimum influence in the flower. :)

Latest posts

Back