Orchids 2024

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some updates...

roth Chester Hill x Red Baron (update from pic shown above). First bloom on this plant, a nice old school roth.
roth ch x rb 2024 3 open - Copy.jpg

roth Sam's Choice x MM Best
This is the plant's third or fourth blooming. Plants from this cross all have very dark flowers, but most have some issues with form. This is the best this plant has bloomed, growing big in a 7.5" pot. This year there are 2 spikes with 8 flowers/buds
roth sams choice mm best 2024 - Copy.jpg

lowii Albino Beauty x Sam's Choice (same plant shown above). One of my favorite clones.

lowii albino beauty new horizon 2024 - Copy2.jpg

Lowi albino beauty new horizon 2024 close - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• lowii albino beauty new horizon 2024 - Copy.jpg
    lowii albino beauty new horizon 2024 - Copy.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Justin, lovely flowers on an extremely well grown and huge plant. What's the diameter of the pot or the size of the growing container?

Thanks! The big lowii is in a 7.5" deep square pot (sitting in a 10" clay pot). It needs to be potted up again. The whole pot is roots with very little media. I have a pic of the plant on the first page of this thread.

The plants bring tears to my eyes... of joy. 🥹❤️
I'm really impressed!

[...]
Based on feedback from forum members last year, I made some changes including greatly increasing my feeding frequency. I am now feeding a 1/4 tsp of 30-10-10 at almost every watering (2x weekly).
[...]
What do you mean by "1/4 tsp"? I find it interesting how you Americans always calculate in teaspoons. 😄
What would that be in ml or mg? And then the 1/4 tsp to 1 liter of water? Oh sorry, gallons of course...

EDIT: There even exists a Google converter for tsp to ml. 🙈 Its 1.25ml. Now I just need to know where you put them.

Even syringes have a tsp scale... crazy guys.

Attachments

• 632_large_image__85955.jpg
    632_large_image__85955.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
My big lowii has 19 flowers on 4 spikes this year. This spike has 6 flowers.

View attachment 46317

A bunch of lowii seedlings on the way...

View attachment 46318
I want a Paphiopedilum lowii so bad. I got one from Ecuagenera and it was such a traumatic experience with the plant I got scared 😱. I know I could grow one but just need to find a good one.

I want a Paphiopedilum lowii so bad. I got one from Ecuagenera and it was such a traumatic experience with the plant I got scared 😱. I know I could grow one but just need to find a good one.
Get from PaphParadise. He has nice blooming ones coming this year (like my recent lowii post).

Latest posts

Back