Newly acquired Paph. sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not a sanderianum. It is a Michael Koopowitz at best. You are mistaken about your ovaries. There is plenty of red/pink in yours, in the three plants I bloomed, pure white no hint at all of color.
Take the plant back and demand a true sandie.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i have to agree with Rick. Not a sand. :(

it's a pretty nice multifloral Paph...but if you paid sanderianum prices for it then i would ask for a return.

I have contacted the dealer today and he said that whether the ovary is pure white for sanderianum depends for the clones. They had sold wild collected sandies with color pigments on the ovaries in the past. I am told that this sandy was also wild collected and has adapted the manupliated environment for few years before it flowers. Although I have a chance for being cheated, I think it is a good muti and keep it anyway.

Interesting?! Could we all be that wrong? If so then perhaps mine is a real one as well. Nevertheless, a nice multi:)
Pity with that uncertainty/confusion:(:(

If I know that it is a wild collected plant, I will not consider as for natural conservation purpose. Also, wild collected plants are more difficult to care too!

It's a wild collected plant that represents the true species. Treasure it.

It starts to sound like all the plants people are using to compare it to to determine if it is a species or hybrid, well.... perhaps those plants may be hybrids or line bred to the point they no longer represent the wild form. The only person that truly knows is the person that either grew the seed or collected the plant. In your case your supplier said it was wild collected and you should believe him (since what he says is not considered PC and sellers usually try to hide that fact).

:)

Latest posts

Back