• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New book from Olaf Gruss

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rich, why not take this as an occasion......to start learning German. Lol :cool:

That floats on and off 'the list' i had 2 years of German in undergrad.... so it wouldn't be a tough thing to get back started...

at least this time i understand grammar.... dunno how i graduated high school without that knowledge but somehow my school system failed me.. :)

That floats on and off 'the list' i had 2 years of German in undergrad.... so it wouldn't be a tough thing to get back started.....

Rich, my English is also just high school knowledge......the rest is learning by doing. Every second language lives by practicing.....if dont practice it you will forget it :)

The book has become so thick because I present the individual species with all their varieties and forms in their great variability with many pictures. In previous publications, mostly only a very small number of pictures per species was shown. In addition, the location pictures were usually missing. A small example can currently be seen in 'Orchids' on Paph. rungsuriyanum. This article of mine is about a quarter of the representation in my book.
As the edition is relatively small, the price could not be kept lower.

Here 3 pages as examples-289.jpg293.jpg133.jpg

The book has become so thick because I present the individual species with all their varieties and forms in their great variability with many pictures. In previous publications, mostly only a very small number of pictures per species was shown. In addition, the location pictures were usually missing. A small example can currently be seen in 'Orchids' on Paph. rungsuriyanum. This article of mine is about a quarter of the representation in my book.
As the edition is relatively small, the price could not be kept lower.
Here also some pages
289.jpg293.jpg

Attachments

• 133.jpg
    133.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 2
awesome looking pictures and funny that you have pictures of intaniae... i have couple of compots from a flask i got from assendorfer at Redlands in 2019... slow growers...

Hello ORG, did You also find double lip goldmedal plants like this Phragimpedium kovachii "Franz"?....

Berthold, this issue has been through since almost 8 years. Thank's God we have you here. Without you, nobody would stir up trouble. You are a master in doing this. Chapeau.

Berthold, this issue has been through since almost 8 years. Thank's God we have you here. Without you, nobody would stir up trouble.
GuRu, what trouble do You mean? If such plants are described in the new book, one should not buy the book.
Sorry, I do not believe in a God.

Last edited:
It is hardly possible to find such gold medal plants, because in recent years the DOG German Orchid Society has only very rarely awarded gold medals for species of the genus Paphiopedilum. I can only remember a Paph. hangianum, a jackii and a micranthum.
Of course, none of them had a double lip.

About the kovachii. I have not changed or deleted the picture. I just stopped using the database and let it expire.

Here a Paphiopedilum jackii 'Strub', cultivated by Giselher Cramer. The plant get a goldmedal for culture and silvermedal for the flowerquality.

Paphiopedilum jackii 'Strub' GM K DOG SM DOG 2014 Planegg Pflanze.jpg

About the kovachii. I have not changed or deleted the picture. I just stopped using the database and let it expire.

No, John M's post Sep 30, 2012 referred of course to another photo with a double lip. This photo is deleted in the thread and replaced by other photos with normal flower .

" The 'Franz' clone looks deformed to me. I'm shocked that it won anything. While it is a larger, overall nicer flower, the pouch does have a flap-like piece of extra tissue down the one side and it looks like it was beginning to split into two pouches. I'm not surprised that the staminode appears to not be fully developed. I'd like to see the next flower that this plant produces. "

There is no point by John in writing this note about a normal bloom. It was a completely deformed double pouch flower.

Last edited:
The plant which Bertold means was Phragmipedium kovachii 'Maria' which get a GM 2012. You can see it in OrchidWizz. There you find a picture of. It has only one shoe, but this has a rim in front.
On the other side this plant has nothing to do with my book here.

.....On the other side this plant has nothing to do with my book here.

Exactly!

Not my level of discussion......

I know, I know. This seems to be your level of discussion!
.......If such plants are described in the new book, one should not buy the book.......

......I can recommend to leave this forum.

Berthold, I won't do you this favour and fortunately your recommendation doesn't mean anything here neighter to me nor to the forum owner or the staff. Contrary to your forum where you can prompt persons to leave who only contradicted your opinion.

Last edited:
New book from Olaf Gruss
The plant which Bertold means was Phragmipedium kovachii 'Maria' which get a GM 2012. You can see it in OrchidWizz. There you find a picture of. It has only one shoe, but this has a rim in front.

No, Your thread was about Phargmipedium kovachii Franz. You know exactly which plant I mean. You removed the two pouch photo.
Here Your post:
A very attractive plant came in flower in the collection of Franz Glanz and get also a goldmedal
Phragmipedium kovachii 'Franz' GM/DOG 2012

But the photos shown in the thread now do not match your text. The photos are exchanged. You are not telling the truth. There are enough witnesses for this here in the forum.

Last edited:
What does your contribution have to do with the book.
It is really pointless to continue discussing something that happened 8 years ago and has nothing to do with this thread.

It's the same author, but I agree

Last edited:
Berthold, I won't do you this favour and fortunately you recommendation doesn't mean anything here neighter to me nor to the forum owner or the staff. Contrary to your forum where you can prompt persons to leave who only contradicted your opinion.

I can confirm . He offends the forum participant .

Back