New Book about Paphiopedilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ORG

Reaction score
Now the second volume of my Paphiopedilum-book is published
Paphiopedilum - Südostasiatische Frauenschuhe
mit mehr als 300 Seiten/more than 300 pages
1300 Bilder/pictures
100 Euro plus Porto/shipping, Bestellung bei/orders with
[email protected]
oder mein Verlag/or my editor [email protected]

Attachments

• Titelbild Band 2 a-b.jpg
    Titelbild Band 2 a-b.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Yes in German, but it includes so many pictures that it is also interesting. On the other side it is no problem too translate it with your mobile. Here some pictures from the first volume.
I sold also books in America and Canada and I think that the Paphiopedilum-friends liked it.

Attachments

• Buch Paphiopedilum Band 1  000 Titel.jpg
    Buch Paphiopedilum Band 1 000 Titel.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Buch Paphiopedilum Band 1  087.jpg
    Buch Paphiopedilum Band 1 087.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Buch Paphiopedilum Band 1  088.jpg
    Buch Paphiopedilum Band 1 088.jpg
    908.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Buch Paphiopedilum Band 1  234.jpg
    Buch Paphiopedilum Band 1 234.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Buch Paphiopedilum Band 1  235.jpg
    Buch Paphiopedilum Band 1 235.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • Buch Paphiopedilum Band 1  374.jpg
    Buch Paphiopedilum Band 1 374.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Pictures are always attractive, but it would be even more attractive if it has a version that most people in global understand what the book is saying and describing, at least to me!

google translate on your phone... it was worth getting the resource, even with the little bit of effort required to leverage the text...
I didn't mean it as expecting Olaf to make an English-language version, more that I consider it a personal failing. But, learning a second language requires one to speak it, and I don't really like talking to people in my  own language!

It is really hard to find a publisher who will publish such a comprehensive work. It is even harder to find a good translator and a publisher who will produce and distribute such a book in the US.
With my book on the genus Phragmipedium, which is now almost sold out in its second edition, I have seen that it has sold well in the USA, but also in South Africa, Taiwan, South America and Japan regardless of the German language.
So I also sold my Paphiopedilum book beside Germany also to USA, Canada, Japan, Taiwan, China, Italy, France, etc. in other words, to many countries where German is not spoken. But of course I have also found, as with my new Phalaenopsis book, that it is easier to sell English-language books in the USA.
So I will bring again books with me when I have the next possibility for a lecture in USA, perhaps again in Apopka.

It is really hard to find a publisher who will publish such a comprehensive work. It is even harder to find a good translator and a publisher who will produce and distribute such a book in the US.
With my book on the genus Phragmipedium, which is now almost sold out in its second edition, I have seen that it has sold well in the USA, but also in South Africa, Taiwan, South America and Japan regardless of the German language.
So I also sold my Paphiopedilum book beside Germany also to USA, Canada, Japan, Taiwan, China, Italy, France, etc. in other words, to many countries where German is not spoken. But of course I have also found, as with my new Phalaenopsis book, that it is easier to sell English-language books in the USA.
So I will bring again books with me when I have the next possibility for a lecture in USA, perhaps again in Apopka.
Yes please.

look forward to that... somehow it's way more fun to accept the book from your hands after watching you autograph it... :)

I didn't mean it as expecting Olaf to make an English-language version, more that I consider it a personal failing. But, learning a second language requires one to speak it, and I don't really like talking to people in my  own language!
wasn't thinking you were pushing any agenda... ;-) (sorry if that somehow came across)

merely pointing out to folks that might think the printed word in german makes the content completely inaccessible, that the google translate app bridges that gap...

and for me, clinched the decision to extend my hard copy library...

Hello everyone. I visited with Olaf at last months show in Dresden. He sent me home with a set of his Paphiopedlim books ( Volume 1+2)

I also have copies of his Phrag book and his new Phalaenopsis book.

This is a wonderful way to save on the overseas shipping.

Prices are:

Phalaenopsis $175 USD

Paphiopedilum 1 $130 ISD

Paphiopedilum 2 $105USD

Phragmipedium $160USD

I’ll be at Redland orchid show next weekend. If you aren’t going to Redland, I can ship anywhere in North America.

DM me for details.

Hello everyone. I visited with Olaf at last months show in Dresden. He sent me home with a set of his Paphiopedlim books ( Volume 1+2)

I also have copies of his Phrag book and his new Phalaenopsis book.

This is a wonderful way to save on the overseas shipping.

Prices are:

Phalaenopsis $175 USD

Paphiopedilum 1 $130 ISD

Paphiopedilum 2 $105USD

Phragmipedium $160USD

I’ll be at Redland orchid show next weekend. If you aren’t going to Redland, I can ship anywhere in North America.

DM me for
Sorry, I asked about language before reading the whole post.

It’s in German but the pictures tell the whole story lol.

Just received mine!

85D103AF-BC70-4E5F-94B3-8BD5DC90258E.jpeg1D26237F-7DB2-46B3-AC57-A496F52010A0.jpegD5D7F5D8-8398-48D8-9AD7-63642CB50D1C.jpegDF9C26AA-514A-4659-AFC1-B197DC09E31C.jpegAB5DD6A0-3B1F-4725-8431-A483D6CE07E4.jpeg

I’m in Paph heaven now salivating over the pics lol.

Thanks again to Olaf for sending this book.

This with Braem’s and Koopowitz’a books are my Paph Bibles. Must haves!

Latest posts

Back