New additions to the family !!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roly0217

Orchid Junkie
Reaction score
Hello everyone !!!! I just wanted to share with you all the new additions to the family. I happen to walk into Home Depot today and they had gotten a new shipment of plants including about 10 cattleyas:drool: and 7 pots with paphs:drool::drool:. Well needless to say I got 2 pots for $24.99 each and eah pot contained 3 different plants. I got at least 2 sequentials which I think one is Pinnochio and the yellow one not sure (identification will be appreciated) and then 4 more in bud which I have 3 name tags to try to match when they bloom. Well here are the pictures!!! In the last picture you can see the size difference in between the 2 sequentials that I got today.

Attachments

• Assorted paphs 11-5-09 006 (Medium).jpg
    Assorted paphs 11-5-09 006 (Medium).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Assorted paphs 11-5-09 011 (Medium).jpg
    Assorted paphs 11-5-09 011 (Medium).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Assorted paphs 11-5-09 012 (Medium).jpg
    Assorted paphs 11-5-09 012 (Medium).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Assorted paphs 11-5-09 013 (Medium).jpg
    Assorted paphs 11-5-09 013 (Medium).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 22
  • Assorted paphs 11-5-09 014 (Medium).jpg
    Assorted paphs 11-5-09 014 (Medium).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Assorted paphs 11-5-09 010 (Small).jpg
    Assorted paphs 11-5-09 010 (Small).jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Assorted paphs 11-5-09 001 (Medium).jpg
    Assorted paphs 11-5-09 001 (Medium).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Assorted paphs 11-5-09 016 (Medium).jpg
    Assorted paphs 11-5-09 016 (Medium).jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 40
What a deal! It's hard for me to tell the difference between Cochlopetalum species and hybrids. However, the two flowers you've posted do look exactly like Paph. moquetteanum and Paph. primulinum fma, aureum.

Great buy! It seems that whenever I walk into my local Home Depot, all they ever have are a couple of Phals in need of TLC and a Dendrobium or two. Maybe I don't shop there on the right day of the week.

Well thank you both for the compliments !!! It would be exciting to find out that I got 2 species in my bunch but I'm sure that I'll get more opinions as to what they might be. I really like the tiny yellow one and the leaves are much smaller than the other one so it might be in fact a species.

Nikv my Home Depot carries quite a selection of plants. I hadn't seen paphs in months just because they weren't blooming but now the cattleyas and paphs are back. Now I'm hoping for some vandas as well. Last year there were plenty of all of them including some oncidium species as well as doritis species.

Yeah, super lame dosen't even begin. Ours just has a few Just Add Ice phals that are half dead.

Great purchases. The downside is that you'll probably never be sure of their ID. It's bad enough getting plants that have incorrect labels!

Wow! My Home Depot only has beaten up looking phals, and dends that look like someone sat on them.

I wish my Home Depot was that good. "Super lame" is a good descriptive term for the local store. Good buys. You made nice choices! Everything looks nice and healthy!!

Latest posts

Back