neo. kishuryokufu

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Slipperless member
Reaction score
Neo from Tom-DE. Easily one of my largest neos. There's also a second spike forming. However, this first spike might be faded by the time that one opens.

I believe Tom sourced this neo from Seed Engei during the 2008 WOC in Miami.

Thanks Tom for the wonderful neo...

Cheers

kishuryokufu (紀州緑風) 01 - 04.13.17 by Marco, on Flickr

kishuryokufu (紀州緑風) 01 - 04.15.17 by Marco, on Flickr

kishuryokufu (紀州緑風) 03 - 04.15.17 by Marco, on Flickr

kishuryokufu (紀州緑風) 07 - 04.15.17 by Marco, on Flickr

This variety is a green flowered variety, and the last two Chinese characters ( in this case Japanese but they are exactly the same here it seems) mean green wind.

I guess the color can change depending on individual plants and the environment.

There are a few green varieties and Hisui is the best known one and the most green of them all I read.

Nice flowers, and as Naoki says good photos, white flowers are a challenge for me.

It's probably a seedling rather than a division of the original. I seem to remember one of the neo vendors stating that this one varies from pale green to white in seedlings and so they couldn't guarantee green flowers in the ones they were selling.

I have only hisui (seedlings, not the original), but according to this Japanese page, which talks about Kishuu-ryokufuu, the strength of light could influence the intensity of color. It basically says the red ones intensify with more light, but green ones are the opposite. So it recommends reduced light once the shoot starts to expand. I don't know if it is true or not, but it might be something interesting to try.

I have only hisui (seedlings, not the original), but according to this Japanese page, which talks about Kishuu-ryokufuu, the strength of light could influence the intensity of color. It basically says the red ones intensify with more light, but green ones are the opposite. So it recommends reduced light once the shoot starts to expand. I don't know if it is true or not, but it might be something interesting to try.

Interesting, and worth a try. As Dot points out there is a trace of colour on some of the flowers so maybe it's more enviromental than genetic.

That's what I read too.
Green variety needs less light compared to many other varieties accepting to the light requirement chart I found.

Do you have both this and Hisui?
I have both but my Kishuryofuku is slightly off the "official" description.
The width of the leaves are supposed to be wider than Hisui but they are about the same on my plants. I thought seedlings are supposed to carry "Hime-..."??

Other features fit. The leaves arch over while those on Hisui are almost straight up and dark green.

Flower colors will be affected by light & temperature I heard but there shouldn't be much difference between this and Hisui although Hisui is said to be the darkest among the green neos.

Can't wait to see mine flower.

Latest posts

Back