neo. kishuryokufu

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all! The blooms on this plant are actually quite big. The flowers are almost an inch tall from the bottom go the lip to the top most petal.

Nice to see your addiction is going smoothly for you :rollhappy: See you at the clinic.

Dr. Tom - Yes I am in the full swing of things. There are some interesting varieties working up their flower spike. Some are partially opened photos will come in the next few days. It will be an aromatic July and my to get list was slashed down to one today! :clap:

Lovely pure white blooms!

So how is this one different? Leaves??

Btw, my other tiger leaf neo is in spike! :)

I think this variety is supposed to have a hint of green on the blooms and normal neo leaves. Im not all to sure though as I have not looked into it. However blooms are large so I am quite happy with it.

You must post a photo of the tiger leaf when it opens.

But no slippers still!? :pity:

No slippers yet !:viking:

It is a green flower variety. It seems to be paler than Hisui usually, but Marko's seems particularly pale.

Marco, the 3rd Chinese character (ryoku) means green. The chinese character you are using is not the common one (maybe older form?) in Japan, and most people use a different character. So if you search with 紀州緑風 , you get more hits. "Kishu" is the old name for Wakayama Prefecture region. The last character is wind, so it means "green wind from Wakayama".

The flowers do look large.
I should keep my eyes out for one of these.

Regarding the color, maybe it is too warm.
Jason Fischer says green flowered neo develop the best color under cool conditions.
It is very warm in NY area right now.

It is a green flower variety. It seems to be paler than Hisui usually, but Marko's seems particularly pale.

Marco, the 3rd Chinese character (ryoku) means green. The chinese character you are using is not the common one (maybe older form?) in Japan, and most people use a different character. So if you search with 紀州緑風 , you get more hits. "Kishu" is the old name for Wakayama Prefecture region. The last character is wind, so it means "green wind from Wakayama".

Naoki - Thank you. This is very helpful, particularly with the online keyword search. I have an untrained eye for this. At first I thought the third character was the same.

This is informative. The challenge non-Japanese/Korean Neofanatics have is understanding the Romanji and the Kanji that goes with it!

It is my understanding that the older varieties with archaic nomenclature gives the subject Furan a historical marker, meaning they were either registered or identified a long time ago. Modern linguists would recommend updating the characters, but like the resistance many Furan people have to call Neofinetia falcata "Vanda", I think the same sentiment applies to retain the old names or characters.

Back