My new paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Shultz bag seems to be OK, pretty clean and fresh. I use it for large phals(over 5 inch pot), and my only Phrag - pearcei seems to like it too, at least I can see many new roots growing, not much of the foliage though.
I will dare to unpot my new paphs on the weekend and see what is there under surface :)
Do you use plastic or clay pots with your bark mix?

Yes I do. I use Rands Aircone Pots. I really liked them. But now that I have a coupe of deflasked seedlings and a few flask coming. I dont think its a good idea for me them all in aircone pots. 2" rose pots are just as good.

Yep, you are right! Multies started to grow on me. My next one on the wish list is Paph stonei, but I can't find it here in Canada for some reason. Another I would get is Paph. Lady Isabel - it has a stonei parent.

Are you sure you want to grow Paph stonei! My big plant is about 32 inches across and huge with 2 mature growth and 4 new growths on it as well!

Here are a few photos:

March 21, 2012

Flower Shealth:
stonei3_20120321.jpg

Flower Shealth:
stonei4_20120321.jpg

Whole Plant:
stonei2_20120321.jpg

June 10, 2011:
stonei_2011_jun10.jpg

January 24, 2010
paph_stonei.jpg

My compots of stonei:

Paph stonei compot 1:
stonei_compot1.jpg

Paph stonei compot 2:
stonei_compot2.jpg

Paphman912 - it is just gorgeous! Now I want it even more.
Can't wait for pictures of the flowers that will come out of that sheath!

Oh, the OrchidExpo of les Orchidphiles des Montreal! LOL:p I was supposed to help judge the show again this year but too much stuff got in the way. :eek: I hope you took some photos for us! :D

Yes, I took lots of pictures.
Here are some:

Paphiopedilum stonei

paph_stonei.jpg

Paph. Liberty Taiwan

paph_Liberty_Taiwan.jpg

Hybrids from Piping Rock display

paphs.jpg

Milt. Saffron Surprise

milt_safron_surp.jpg

Phrag Mary Bess

Phrag_Mary_Bess.jpg

Dendro Thonachai Gold

dendro_thonachai_gold.jpg

I actually took over two hundred pictures of different plants there, but they are high def and I have to resize each one for the web. I am doing it in batches every day and publishing them here:

Les Orchidophiles de Montreal Orchid Show - March 2012 - Montreal

(Moderators, please remove link if linking is not allowed in the posts).

I saw a liberty Taiwan on Edmonton show. It was big as a baseball. Really nice. Im a species nut but I'm getting a liberty Taiwan next week.

.. Now I know why you want a stonei! You saw it in person!

Very beautiful stonei flower! That is why I got a stonei plant and flask! Growing from flask is slow but should pickup this coming summer!

BTW Nice photos of Miltonia, Liberty Taiwan, etc!

Paphman910

I saw a liberty Taiwan on Edmonton show. It was big as a baseball. Really nice. Im a species nut but I'm getting a liberty Taiwan next week.

.. Now I know why you want a stonei! You saw it in person!

I am gettig Liberty Taiwan in April at Ottawa Show.

I saw lots of blooming multies at the show, but stonei and Lady Isabel striked me the most for some reason. I am definitely getting them whenever I find one.

Links are definitely allowed in this forum!

Thanks for sharing your photos. That is an awesome stonei!

Thank you for clarifying this Dot! Some forums have weird rules about links in the posts.
Couple more pictures:

Paph. Lady Isabel

paph_Lady_Isabel.jpg

Paph. Cascade Creek

paph.jpg

Paph. Jogjae

paph_jogjae.jpg

Very beautiful stonei flower! That is why I got a stonei plant and flask! Growing from flask is slow but should pickup this coming summer!

BTW Nice photos of Miltonia, Liberty Taiwan, etc!

Paphman910

Its great to grow from flask and capture their growth and see the progress! I am too new to dare trying deflasking, but maybe some day I will too.

It is a beauty! These two plants at the show (stonei and Lady Isabel) are the reason of stonei getting to the very top of my wish list.
:)

It is a beauty! These two plants at the show (stonei and Lady Isabel) are the reason of stonei getting to the very top of my wish list.

You are lucky to see it live! I have not seen it live so I hope to flower my stonei soon!

If you see a rothschildianum live you will drool as well!

Paphman910

Well if you really want one. I may be able to part with one stonei. ( I have three BS ). If you cant really find it.

Eggshells, thank you.
I might have found it though. Glen Decker from Piping Rock said that he has all three that I asked for (stonei, Lady Isabel and Lady Rothschild), he just needs to double check and promised to get back to me next week with sizes and prices.
If it turnes out that he doesn't have stonei, I will ask for yours.
Wow, three BS stoneis, did they bloom for you yet?

Latest posts

Back