My Mexipedium is blooming.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heather said:
in fact I have your photos from last year in my database as my representative photos of the species
I'm starting to think we all have our own little slipper databases... I've been working on a personal one for all of Cypripedioidea.

Nice plant great picture Heather. :)

Ed thanks for your picture as well never knew the flowers where that small. It's always hard to tell by pictures.

my mexipedium is blooming

Hi all,
Congradulations Heather, that is a beautiful flower and the plant looks great. Can you share some advice on repotting.? What is a good medium to use and how do you deal with growths crawling over the edge of the pot. My mexipedium needs repotting but I,m scared to mess with it.
Happy growing to all
Lindafrog

lindafrog said:
Hi all,
Congradulations Heather, that is a beautiful flower and the plant looks great. Can you share some advice on repotting.? What is a good medium to use and how do you deal with growths crawling over the edge of the pot. My mexipedium needs repotting but I,m scared to mess with it.
Happy growing to all
Lindafrog

Do you have Marilyn LeDoux's culture sheet. It works great. I followed it to a T and I have a 15 or 16 growth plant in a 6 inch pot.

Here's a photo of it:

ox2.JPG

mexipedium

Hi all,
Yes Heather,
Thanks for the help, I bought the plant from Marilynn and have her culture sheet. Looks like this forum is off to a great start . I look forward to being a part of it.
Happy growing to all
Lindafrog

Take some pics of the roots too, and of the plant in its new pot when you repot it

Heather said:
I shall!
I'm really curious to see the roots.
I dug down a little bit the other day and caught a glimpse of one and it was a nice fat white one. :)

I'm excited to repot but will wait until it finished blooming.

Are the roots hairy like Paphs/Phrags or are they smooth like most other orchids?

Beautiful plant. Congratulations!:clap: Is there any difference between this clone and "Windy Hill"?

Latest posts

Back