My Little Drought

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some tree trimmer came by tonight and gave me a 2600.00 price for cutting, stump removal and haul away of all my dead trees. Damn that's going to cut into my orchid mad money!

Funny -- but not a good idea! I've seen too many tree/chainsaw accidents. You really have to know what you are doing to cut down a tree.

I agree... It is not too difficult to learn to cut trees in a forest (although I only cut 2 trees in my life... ) but even there there it is often a challenge. Cutting trees near houses and utilities is very difficult. It can be hazardous for you, the house, etc.

The Michigan Sawchain Massacre... Alternately rent Rambo with a machine gun :D

I have a chainsaw already but at 56 have no interest in busting my butt to cut down 14 trees, haul them off and grind away the stumps all in 106 degree heat.

Cutting 14 trees is a lot of work, especially in three digits temps. Better let the pros do it. If they take the wood away and grind off the stumps I agree with Slipperfan, it's a steal. And I would even go so far as offering them a couple of beers after the work. :p

well at least with trees if they have just died, they'll stand up for a while. can wait until winter and cut when cooler, if needed... around here there are some bosnians who if you ask them to rebuild your engine or something like that, a few bottles of vodka and a few hundred is all you need! ;)

well at least with trees if they have just died, they'll stand up for a while. can wait until winter and cut when cooler, if needed...
True but if too many think like that & the tree services have a bigger demand then their price will surely go up! This price quote sounds like he wants the business, if he's reputable I'd go for it, that's not even $200/tree!
Wait on the booze til the job is done, especially with trees! Ooops as they fall out of the tree, Oooops as the tree falls the wrong way! :sob:

True but if too many think like that & the tree services have a bigger demand then their price will surely go up! This price quote sounds like he wants the business, if he's reputable I'd go for it, that's not even $200/tree!
Wait on the booze til the job is done, especially with trees! Ooops as they fall out of the tree, Oooops as the tree falls the wrong way! :sob:

I know its an very good price. I was only waiting until Monday (yesterday) for a second quote form a husband/ wife team that worked for me before. Unfortuntely they did not back to me as promised yesterday:( Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed my tax refund shows up in the next day or so(I know a little slow on the tax thing) I can pay the guy.

Well the husband/wife team made it by today and came in with a lower bid! 100.00 per tree and 50.00 to grid out the stumps plus haul off. William explained he miss the appointment due to a night at the hospital with a employee. Apparently the employee found out the hard way, the tree trimming business is hazardous! A badly cut leg:eek:

Rick! How are you coping with the drought these days. From what I read, the situation hasn't gotten any better.

Rick! How are you coping with the drought these days. From what I read, the situation hasn't gotten any better.

It still sucks! Apparently "El Nino" is back which translates to a drier then normal winter as well:( I finally have all the trees down and out of here. I've been busy bust'in my chaps raking and shoveling "mulch" created from 17 stumps gridded up. Took pictures but haven't been in the mood to post lately.

Latest posts

Back