My grow area now

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

orchideya

Small corner in the basement:

grow_area.jpg

Larger tank:

large%2Btank.jpg

large%2Btank2.jpg

Smaller tank:

small_tank.jpg

small_tank2.jpg

Thanks!
There are no openings, they are totally closed except some small gaps in sliding doors. Otherwise humidity will be way down.
Small tank is overpopulated with phal seedlings, I purchased three flasks of novelties last summer and they grow so fast...
The large is 62 X 22 X 32 inches
small is 60 X 22 X 22 inches

You will have to share your secrets on how to appease the fungus gods

I pray those fungus gods every night :rollhappy:

But seriously, I never had that problem in the tanks since I built them back in 2013. The large one is colder, but humidity hovers between 55 and 60% only, probably not humid enough for fungus.
Smaller tank is very humid, around 80% RH, but it is warm.

I have fans scheduled to turn on for 30 minutes every couple hours and I make sure there is absolutely no water left on the foliage after watering. Pretty tedious job with seedlings, but I like the look of healthy leaves and I only have to water them every 2-3 weeks, so at the end it's not that bad.

Hhmmm, low maintence sounds great!! I have to water alot!!! Although my humidity is 80 percent 24 hours a day

Strange that you have to water alot in 80% RH. Maybe you use fast drying mix?
I have small fir bark and perlite in the plastic pots, seedlings in plastic drinking cups with holes in the bottom, it takes quite long to dry out, especially when bark starts to break. So, usually right after repoting with fresh bark I need to water a bit more often, maybe weekly, but after few waterings it gets "low maintenance" again.

Latest posts

Back