My countdown...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow

Reaction score
Soon, soon, soon........ :smitten: The answer is more than obvious, but nevertheless guess - what is it?

No, sorry, toooooooo cold.....

Why long shot? You are absolutely right! Well done!

It took much longer to guess than I thought. :)

:rollhappy: I'm being sarcastic! How many varieties of dele are there? Sure is not an alba! We'll look forward to seeing it fully opened!

:rollhappy: I'm being sarcastic! How many varieties of dele are there? Sure is not an alba! We'll look forward to seeing it fully opened!
But you sounded too serious. :rollhappy:

Why does your dunkel look so much different then Hakone?
I don't know. I thought about that while I was watching the bud development and was afraid it is not dunkel. But the leaves have dark margins and the stem is dark purple. It doesn't look like normal delenatii either. It was bought as Paph delenatii vinicolor x self. We will wait and see....

Well, huge disappointment here. It is quite big - 8,5 cm and shape is very nice, but it is not what I've paid for. Complained to the vendor already but I'm not sure if I get a replacement. Paperworks and borders make the replacement process long and expensive. :(

c80eeae122ec.jpg

ba3fc0ae68d3.jpg

1a6c5295cd50.jpg

Is this detailed enough? New leaves have dark margins but older ones don't. They are darker than my regular delenatii leaves and undersides are dark plain wine.

49bef8169d1e.jpg

a83b745738ad.jpg

:( OH BUMMER! :( So sorry!
It's a nice regular dele, I understand the disappointment, I would be too.

Shadow,
I have a delenatii var nigrescens that looks like your plant. Normal upper leaves with very dark purple undersides with the newest leaf showing purple edgeing. Otherwise, the flower is of the normal colored form.
Regardless, that is a super flower

Latest posts

Back