My countdown...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:( OH BUMMER! :( So sorry!

Thanks. In fact it is my second dunkel. I bought my first dunkel seedling more than 2 years ago but had problems with adaptation. I even thought it would die, but it is started to grow little by little few months ago. But it is so small that I think it will be not less than 4 years till I see it in flower. By the way my first dunkel seems to have right leaves - all of them have dark margins. So, I bought bigger dunkel 1 year ago and you can see the result. The hunt for dunkel continues...

Shadow,
I have a delenatii var nigrescens that looks like your plant. Normal upper leaves with very dark purple undersides with the newest leaf showing purple edgeing. Otherwise, the flower is of the normal colored form.
Regardless, that is a super flower

Thanks. Sounds interesting. But as far as I know this var was not described officially? Do you know where can I read more about it? I tried to google it and found almost nothing except couple of links to SlipperTalk forums. May be it is not that bad to have it in my collection of delenatiis. In addition to this plant I also have seedlings of alba, seedling of semialba, extremely small dunkel seedling and regular BS size.

Latest posts

Back