My closet.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BlazingAugust

Okay, so in my intro thread, I stated that I grew my orchids in a closet. So, here, I am going to introduce my closet.

So, here are the doors.
P1030057.jpg

And with them open.
P1030058.jpg

Here is the bottom level, where I have all my Catts and Bulbos.
P1030060.jpg

And here is the top level, where I have all my Phals and my two large mounts.
P1030059.jpg

Since these photos are a month or so old, there has been changes since then. I have nailed twine between the two front legs and between the two back legs on the bottom level, so I hang about another 10 'chids on that. I can take pics of it and post it here later to show it to make it easier to understand what I did.

Everything looks really healthy and you're doing a great job!
We Canadians are crafty people :D

Looks nice and neat. You should see the miscellaneous thread by NYEric to get some great inspiration.

What he means is, you could get another level of plants under the lights! :p
I would recommend you get them up from directly on the floor also.

Lol, thanks everyone for the compliments! For the top level, where the T5's are now, my phals are getting around 1,600 fc, and bringing it down would also give me less light in the edges. For the bottom, they are all in trays, so no worries there. My next stand will have a plywood base, as it is going to be out in the open in my bedroom, which is in the blazing hot upstairs. Then, after that, I will build a similar stand in the basement for Paphs.

Nice setup you have there, I grow indoors as well but I still haven't setup any artificial lighting.

That's wonderful! I would think you could improve your current lighting by painting the inside walls white or using that reflective material, Mylar I believe it's called.

That's wonderful! I would think you could improve your current lighting by painting the inside walls white or using that reflective material, Mylar I believe it's called.

I agree or you could just get reflectors for T5 to boost the lumens.If I knew a metal sheet worker. I would have an idea on how to do it.

ah, I had forgotten from your first posts that your lights are t-5's; my advice was based on standard t-8's, so nevermind! :D

I agree or you could just get reflectors for T5 to boost the lumens.If I knew a metal sheet worker. I would have an idea on how to do it.
or, you could use coat hangers and aluminum foil over the lights, duct tape to hold in position (or that mylar; you can get rolls of it). if you sneak things that your parents buy already, then you don't have to make a special request ;)

Latest posts

Back