More haynaldianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I have three more opened and all four are slightly different from each other.i guess my favorite has to be this first one. Double spiked with the first carrying 5 flowers BUT the first flower blasted. I pass it off as a shipping issue. The first flower on the second spike blasted as well but the last flower on the 1st just blasted as well. So I don't know what to think. Nice colors with a nicely flared dorsal
20200405_163534.jpg

The second plant has darker colors but a narrow dorsal. A longer and bowed stem too
20200405_164017.jpg 20200405_163947.jpg

The 3rd is more of a traditional haynaldianum in that the petals roll back, the flower size is a bit larger then the others and the color is good but not dark.
20200405_164348.jpg 20200405_164520.jpg

With this close up of a petal one can see the green/ yellow bleeding through.
20200405_164410.jpg

These are so colorful to the naked eye, cameras don't fully capture it, very nice!!!

The interesting thing about haynaldianums is that the purple tips are a very special violet that no other Paph species has. It is quite like a neon violet.

Nice group btw. Wait till next year when they show their full potential.

John Marcotte flowers these with 4-6 spikes of 5-7 flowers! An incredible sight.

I like them all but especially the dark one.
Are these all from the same breeding line?
I have a selfing of an warded clone. Ron is the clonal name, I think.
I've been growing it since 2016 as a seedling. It has grown big with a new start but no signs of any spike yet.

I like them all but especially the dark one.
Are these all from the same breeding line?
I have a selfing of an warded clone. Ron is the clonal name, I think.
I've been growing it since 2016 as a seedling. It has grown big with a new start but no signs of any spike yet.
Yes they are. A join adventure between Orchid Inn and Quintal Farms. The tag has OI/QF and clones 'Orchid Inn' x 'Jeanie'

All goodies! I especially like the first (that dorsal!) and the second (that dark, saturated colour!). If the two of them were crossed, might one hope for 'the best of both worlds' to appear?!

I think #1 is the one to watch. Out of the 4 plants it matured 2 growths to bloom, 5 and 4. I expect multiple leads breaking giving it a jump ahead of the other 3 plants. As long as it doesn't blast buds it has a home.

Latest posts

Back