Miltoniopsis hybrids 2011

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. When I saw your original photo, I realized you were on the right track. But I took a different approach: there is a yellow cast to everything. So I moved the yellow slider in Color Balance toward blue (in all three areas: midtones, highlights and shadows. That made the edge of the red/majenta color too bright a majenta. So in Hue/Saturation, I moved the majenta saturation slider a bit to the desaturate side.

I'm not sure why this happens with digital cameras, but I've noticed that I can be photographing flowers in the same light and at the same photo session. One can be spot-on with color and another I can have a heck of a time getting the color just right.

Thanks Dot. I had a go on PS and was able to come up with much the same based on your instructions. I wish I had your eye for colours and ability to make subtle adjustments. I guess I am always looking for one magic slider that will fix it in one go. But it is not that simplistic.

So is the initial problem related to incorrect white balance? If so, I should be able to adjust the white balance in RAW.

Thanks Dot. I had a go on PS and was able to come up with much the same based on your instructions. I wish I had your eye for colours and ability to make subtle adjustments. I guess I am always looking for one magic slider that will fix it in one go. But it is not that simplistic.

So is the initial problem related to incorrect white balance? If so, I should be able to adjust the white balance in RAW.

I'm not sure. Sometimes, even with corrected white balance, it seems the color capture of digital cameras can be off. Color is such a variable thing -- there just is no magic bullet. Throw in the variables of light, different camera phosphors, lenses, computer monitors, etc., and it becomes a daunting task to make color accurate.

Even back in the days of film cameras, photographers agonized over getting color right.

I always bring the photos into Photoshop raw first, but it's rare I don't do fine tuning in Photoshop.

Latest posts

Back