micranthum album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the same cross that Sam sells. Mine was cheaper thankfully. Tanks are 50F low in winter and maybe 82F high in summer. It spiked at the hottest time of the year. The pollen was donated and the flower cut. It failed to open anymore.

Thanks.

I don't know where, but last time I saw the price of this species, it was quite the money and I wasn't that interested enough to drop such amount of money. lol
Plus, I cannot give cold enough winter for them. Sooooo I have been nursing little plants of Magic Lantern album, which can look quite similar.
So far, I'm loving the leaves and how nicely they are growing. :)

Thanks.

I don't know where, but last time I saw the price of this species, it was quite the money and I wasn't that interested enough to drop such amount of money. lol
Plus, I cannot give cold enough winter for them. Sooooo I have been nursing little plants of Magic Lantern album, which can look quite similar.

You don't have a drafty window you can put the plant next to?

My window closes too well in this new building. :(
Even in the coldest winter night, the temperature right by the window does not go below about 65F.

I know certain individual plants will still do fine and bloom in such "warm" conditions, but vast majority of micranthum and armeniacum won't do well for long under this condition.
They do need that cold winter to do well.
:(

but it's ok. I have lots of parvi hybrids that I like, although even some of the hybrids need cold winter.
I probably have to move to an old building with drafty windows. :)

No, that would freeze my plants (at least the ones sitting in the way of the cold breeze) to death during the winter, let alone the apartment will get too cold for me. :poke:

Thanks.

For what it's worth, I have bloomed micranthum, most of the parvi primaries and some complex parvis in my grow room that never goes below 19C. I have 2 in sheath micranthums right now. I am beginning to think that these plants don't need cool temps and day length variations to bloom. When a plant is well-grown, it will bloom when ready. I do have to admit that cooler temps and shadier conditions make for a bloom that has good shape and deep color.

Eggshells can attest to this. He's bloomed (and rebloomed) most of the parvi species in his warmer conditions.

That's really beautiful. I love this species.

For what it's worth, I have bloomed micranthum, most of the parvi primaries and some complex parvis in my grow room that never goes below 19C. I have 2 in sheath micranthums right now. I am beginning to think that these plants don't need cool temps and day length variations to bloom. When a plant is well-grown, it will bloom when ready. I do have to admit that cooler temps and shadier conditions make for a bloom that has good shape and deep color.

Eggshells can attest to this. He's bloomed (and rebloomed) most of the parvi species in his warmer conditions.

That gives me hope. I thought I couldn't provide cool enough temps for micranthum, even in winter 18C at night is the lowest. I got two to see how they do under my conditions. One is growing, albeit slowly, it's made about 5 new growths since I got it about a year ago. The other does nothing, it's like a plastic plant.

I know. I saw at least three people here ( two of them are you and Eggshell :p) have bloomed micranthum and/or armeniacum with the winter min of 19 or 18C.
How many of them do you have though? and how long have you had them for?
I'm sure some clones don't care about the winter conditions and still do well, but I just believe they will do their best when given conditions close to their natural habitat.

Latest posts

Back