M. xerophtyicum 'Oaxaca'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fbrem

blooming for the first time after buying a 2 growth plant from Windy Hill and I'm very happy. These are flowers 3 and 4 with a few more to go

DSCN0979.jpg

DSCN0980.jpg

Forrest

yes! I would like to know how you saved so much space!

my only thought on that is extremely high light. it seems to me most things ramble less when relly pushed with lots of light, this one gets 3-4 hours direct sun daily. Other than extra light I follow Marilyn Ledoux's directions.

Forrest

that's about as far as the stolons have traveled for me, guess it's time for a repot.

You might be keeping it wetter/cooler than most. Mine would climb over the sides of the pot regardless of pot size. Yours is very compact in comparison to most I've seen. Very nice.

You might be keeping it wetter/cooler than most. Mine would climb over the sides of the pot regardless of pot size. Yours is very compact in comparison to most I've seen. Very nice.

maybe in the winter 'cause the only satan could be growing it any warmer and drier than here.

Forrest

maybe in the winter 'cause the only satan could be growing it any warmer and drier than here.

Forrest

Have you been growing outdoors?

I've kept mine in one of the brightest parts of my GH where Catts and Vandas are doing good. The air humidity is pretty high, but I probably don't really water it all that much.

Maybe my high humidity allows it to ramble so it can "look" for bigger sources of water.

Have you been growing outdoors?

I've kept mine in one of the brightest parts of my GH where Catts and Vandas are doing good. The air humidity is pretty high, but I probably don't really water it all that much.

Maybe my high humidity allows it to ramble so it can "look" for bigger sources of water.

it's been growing outdoors on the sunniest part of my porch, I've burned a few catts there but this little thing seems fine with it. Low humidity and I water it tons.

Forrest

Maybe that's the ticket. Low humidity and plenty of water at the roots. It doesn't have to go seeking water.;)

Latest posts

Back