Latest blooms OZ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of them are good, but the henryanum cross is just my flavour. Wow!

I even like the one at the bottom which is not a real orchid.

Of all the flowers, I would keep hybridizing with the uppermost (armeniacum cross?). Colour is awsome and the outline of the flower is nice. But, a complex flower should have a pouch like a complex flower, not like a parvi. I would try to breed out that pouch but retain the colour, likely by using another yellow. But then, would this armeniacum cross be useful in producing some glowing gold-orange flowers?

Uppermost is actually 1/4 malipoense. Agreed we will keep breeding that to "conventional" greens.
JC

All of them are good, but the henryanum cross is just my flavour. Wow!

I even like the one at the bottom which is not a real orchid.

Of all the flowers, I would keep hybridizing with the uppermost (armeniacum cross?). Colour is awsome and the outline of the flower is nice. But, a complex flower should have a pouch like a complex flower, not like a parvi. I would try to breed out that pouch but retain the colour, likely by using another yellow. But then, would this armeniacum cross be useful in producing some glowing gold-orange flowers?

who to cross with who?

Z7878_Tigger_zps97b32566.jpg

Any of the above by the below plant.

I'm all for nice spots on a shapely flower. I think the last one (of the 3 first pics above) would be good for color. I don't like the shape of the spotted one at all but those spots are so lovely. Breeding some form into it would be great.

Three, than two and last but not least five. I don't like the last complex at all, sorry about that :-( John do you have or are you doing any breeding with the two species armeniacum and micranthum. Now, I'm talking about sibs not crosses. The reason I ask is I see lots of imports that in reality comes from China. I also see a few, but considerable less coming from Tiawan. My goal is to really learn to grow and bloom these guys.

Latest posts

Back