K-Lite Trial

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back a few of the last well water analysis results.

Keep in mind I'm over limestone in middle TN, well pump is roughly 150 ft down (though productive water usually at less than 50 ft).

Hardness of 450mg/L CaCO3
Alkalinity = 164
Conductivity 800useimens (that should be TDS~550)
Sulfate = 270
Ca =162
Mg = 11.7
Na = 2.9
K was Non detect at 1mg/L

When you add up Ca, Na, Mg, Bicarb, and Sulfate and subtract from the aproximate TDS, there's not much left (if at all) for chloride or phosphate.

I've been diluting this about 10:1 for irrigation water.

So just about any watering the plants would be getting 16 mg of Ca, 1.7 mg of Mg, 27 mg of sulfate, and an alkalinity of 16. No significant K, Na, Cl, P, or silicates.

Thanks to Rick, Keith, Jim Q, Charles, Jim T, and Rick H for placing the orders.

There will be no service fee involved.

No need to actually specify any particular dollar amount on the "gift certificate" purchase - I'll adjust the pricing by the pounds requested in the list I posted earlier. Put in $1, to keep the software happy.

Also, concerning shipping costs - for 1 or 2#, I'll use a small USPS flat rate box, so shipping domestically will be $5. For larger amounts, I'll only pass on my discounted FedEx Home Delivery or Ground (ship to a business address, it's cheaper) rates. In either case, it's cheaper than the post office.

Also know that submitting a credit card on my web store does not get it charged right away. After I do the repackaging - and I'm waiting to get more responses - I'll pack and process the orders before shipping. Youll get an email with tracking info from the carrier.

Thanks Ross.

Eric M, jtrmd, gnathaniel, tocamar, Marc - I would like to repackage and ship early next week, so please get your orders in, or let me know to drop it.

I also see that I missed a request from another person. Anyone willing to give up a pound or two?

Thanks Ross.

Eric M, jtrmd, gnathaniel, tocamar, Marc - I would like to repackage and ship early next week, so please get your orders in, or let me know to drop it.

I also see that I missed a request from another person. Anyone willing to give up a pound or two?

Sure Ray, whatever works

Thanks Rick. I'll take a pound from you and one from me for Mike.

If I don't hear from some of the others shortly, I'll take it from them, instead.

Sorry I haven't gotten mine in yet, Ray, having some trouble with the browser on a new computer so I've temporarily switched back to an older one. I assume it's okay if I order other stuff along with the fertilizer? I've been wanting to try some orchiata and I need a few other things too. In any case I'll get my order in ASAP.

--Nat

Everyone doing this K-lite trial might end up with different results depending on the media they are using. Looking forward to seeing the outcome!
Are your plans to give the trial a full growing season before making conclusions?

Everyone doing this K-lite trial might end up with different results depending on the media they are using. Looking forward to seeing the outcome!
Are your plans to give the trial a full growing season before making conclusions?

I doubt anyone is going to wait that long before saying anything. I suspect results will trickle in over the next couple years, which may actually cause refinement of various growers conditions.

This group is really into tinkering, and good(or bad) results will be pounced on pretty quickly, with another tweak here and there.:wink:

Latest posts

Back