Just an inquiry...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those who voted for him are screwed ... he won't bring jobs back to those areas that were hit harder and never recovered. As far as the government, The system has been evoliving for 250 years .. dontreally think a man like this can change anything dramatically .. he is going to be in one legal battle over another over everything he does

The more Trump makes these comments , the more evidence the courts have to counter his actions..he is tipping his hand to the courts that perhaps, the intelligence he is aware of is non existent...and that perhaps the executive orders are more based on national security based on biased fears rather than actual intelligence..I say keep the crazy coming..he is only sabotaging himself and his policies

Is there a term in english like 'political arson'? I don't think it is a lack of intelligence. It is intended, like Bush meant what he said. Something of all these lies will stick in public opinion, slowly poisoning and raising the sensation of fear, of being insecure.

Courts shouldn't make politics, that should be the task of a parliament.

And the attack you think he might be referring to - excuses? - was the Utoya Island massacre in Norway. A god-fearing, white male, ...

We have three branches of government here for balance of power: the executive branch, the legislative branch and the judicial branch. We have a constitution as well. Ultimately the constitution must be followed, and thankfully our courts have the authority to keep a rogue president in check.

Is there a term in english like 'political arson'? I don't think it is a lack of intelligence. It is intended, like Bush meant what he said. Something of all these lies will stick in public opinion, slowly poisoning and raising the sensation of fear, of being insecure.

Courts shouldn't make politics, that should be the task of a parliament.

And the attack you think he might be referring to - excuses? - was the Utoya Island massacre in Norway. A god-fearing, white male, ...

Courts (of 3 or more) make politics all the time....usually in the opinions of the justices who dissent. In some cases judges are elected but most are certainly confirmed. To think that politics doesn't come into play or shouldn't is extremely naive and missing the point of a judiciary. Politics most certainly comes into play with judges as to how they interpret the constitution...the reason why a balanced court is optimal. It's pointless to suggest what they should be...there is an inherent human factor in government that needs to be accounted for. Now, courts should not create law, as their purpose is to interpret law ...that is different than making politics

Just another case of different concepts. I 'd wish I could write a better english and know the correct correspondence of terms switching between parliamentary and presidential democracy models.
Thanks for calling my observations 'extremely naive'. I'll restrict myself a bit more to just reading in this forum from now on.

Secundino, please express your opinion any time you wish
to. You speak English far better than most of us speak
Spanish. I value all non-American views on the subject of
Trump. I think Americans ought to see ourselves as others see us. We often need another perspective.

Being an immigrant myself - and I wonder how many first and second generation immigrants/emigrants are users of this forum - I never felt as immigrant until I went 'back' to the country where supposedly I am from. With this background I know far too well that an immigrant can't wait until 'justice' does justice/compromise.
The announcement of a 15.000 new police 'deportation task force' with the police enabled to decide over deportation just because they 'suspect' has nothing to do with democracy and justice.
This resembles somehow the 'juden raus' policy of fascist germany. I'm not as naive as to say it is the same thing.
Lets hope that the women on womens day on 8th or march put things clear.

Trumps new policies will create a stronger underground network and all the benefits and trappings of such.. his policies will do nothing to address immigration reform. The Mexicans I work with think Trump is a joke because he doesnt understand the resources available to them that are off the grid , sort of speak

Well, I think the Dems blew it today by choosing Tom Perez to lead them. He's a good man, but I don't think his vision is the direction the party needs to take if they want to see victory in 2018. I fear they have just alienated a lot of the progressive women and millennials who were staunch supporters of Sanders.

On the other hand, perhaps Trump's people will discount him since he has Spanish ancestors and he'll sneak up on
'em! Can you imagine Trump's campaign slogans if a
Muslim had been chosen...OMG! Ellison is still there and
ready to fight. Sen. Sanders too.

Nothing against Ellison, but this has to be a job that one can give 100 hours a week to when needed, and he already has one of those. You need a competent full time manager to run the party every day. Debbie Wasserman Schultz was a disaster because she was neither full time nor a competent manager, even before she screwed up. Perez can be that manager, and I think he's smart enough to see where the energy is coming from.

Back